Leveling Jack power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bjwinspect

I just pulled in to park for the night.  My leveling jacks have no power.    I am going to lift the dash in a few minutes and check fuses... I could use some help to speed the process this evening...anyone know which fuse for the jacks?

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

On our Sunstar, the jacks circuit breaker is on a panel outside, inside a door almost under the driver seat. YMMV. It's probably not a fuse.

Thanks... it?s not the brake... or ignition switch, it worked 350 miles ago..this morning ... this is our last night..home tomorrow... we are pretty level...it?s getting late.. will probably just wait and trouble shoot when we get home.

Thanks .. I will update when I figure it out

it?s not the brake... or ignition switch, it worked 350 miles ago..this morning .
How did you determine that?  Worked 350 miles ago is hardly definitive for a problem occurring now. 

One fairly common problem is that the jack controller loses contact with the brake or ignition interlock circuit, so it thinks the brake is not set or the ignition is on, even though it is not.
Do you have lights on the jack control panel or is it completely dead? If the control is live but the hydraulic pump doesn't work, you may need to be looking at the pump power and wiring vs the controller power & wiring.

On our Power Gear hydraulic jacks, there is a in-line fuse near  the motor for the pump.

What year Adventurer?
Do you have slides? Do they move? Same pump and motor control relays.

Problem resolved ...  a wire at a solenoid next to the pump had a poor connection.    For the past several years all was fine, but I had been parked water front for the past week with wind, salt water and sand.  This probably contributed to the poor connection.

Bjwinspect said:
Problem resolved ...  a wire at a solenoid next to the pump had a poor connection.    For the past several years all was fine, but I had been parked water front for the past week with wind, salt water and sand.  This probably contributed to the poor connection.

The exact same thing happened on my 2017 Sunstar, except the power lead was left loose after CW replaced the two front jacks under warranty.  Lippert sent me a new controller thinking that was the problem.  Took it to Winnebago in Forest City, they quickly figured it out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom