Lights and Axles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kurlon

2nd year with my 07 Gulfstream Endura fun mover and it's not starting out like I hoped. First item is a minor annoyance, I can't get the flood lights over the rear ramp door to turn on. I figured out the combo last year, something like the truck had to be on, in park, or something for them to get power but now I'm stumped. I did deduce how to take the switch apart on the inside for them, switch is good but it's not getting power, none of the fuses in the load center are blown.  Anyone know the secret to those lights?

The bigger concern, my differential cover is weeping at the bottom, enough that over the course of a couple weeks it left a stain on my driveway. It was bone dry last year.  I've crawled underneath, the bottom bolt wasn't at full torque, otherwise I don't see any obvious rust failures/signs of damage/etc.  Looking at RockAuto I see lots of gasket options for 06 E450s, but I'll be damned if I can figure out which axle I have.  Axle code 83, the diff tag says 6C24-BB.  Googling doesn't seem to turn up any good leads other than unidentified used axles with the same tag.  Anyone have a magic decoder for this problem?

I always just used the red silicone gasket maker. I buy it in a tube that goes in a caulking gun, but just a toothpaste size tube is more than enough for a differential cover.

https://www.permatex.com/products/gasketing/gasket-makers/permatex-high-temp-red-rtv-silicone-gasket/

Sounds like what I'll end up doing as well, never been a fan of sealant but it seems that's what Dana recommends too.

Figured out the rear flood lights, they are tied to the emergency brake.  I'm assuming so you can't have them on while driving?  If I've IDd the right wire, that'll be changing as those lights would have been VERY helpful backing down my road last night.

Back
Top Bottom