Linit free Micro fiber towels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueblood

My new coach has full body paint. Included in instuctions is a Sherwin-Williams statement that says  to use  linit free micro fiber towels. I searched but didn't find any information here. Anyone use and comments and/or have a good source ??

Leo,

I've seen them in lots of places, including Costco and WalMart.

Tom said:
Leo,

I've seen them in lots of places, including Costco and WalMart.

Some research I've done says quality is an issue and specifically says those sold at WalMart are not good. I guess it gets down to buying like carpeting - you have to understand the technology, fiber /thread counts, etc.

I think you're right Leo. When I recently bought an i-Way GPS it came with a large microfiber cloth and they say not to use anything else.

I still carry what is a nano cloth by comparison - for cleaning my glasses. Used to buy them in Japan and would always lose them. Haven't seen anything quite like it here, even in the so-called optical cloths that are sold.

blueblood said:
Some research I've done says quality is an issue and specifically says those sold at WalMart are not good. I guess it gets down to buying like carpeting - you have to understand the technology, fiber /thread counts, etc.

HI Leo,
I use a micro fiber cloth called Almost Heaven.? I saw the gal's presentation at an FMCA Rally in a seminar called , "Honey Let's Clean the RV."? Her cloths are made in Korea and considerably less expensive than those made in Sweden (Tresan?)? At any rate I bought 3 and? use them all the time.? My windows have never been cleaner and stay clean due to the fact I do not use any chemicals or cleaners, just water and the cloths.? One to wash, followed by another to dry.?  They work very well on window screens as you just clean it and don't have to remove the screens. One caution, when you buy the darker Burgundy color cloths , they will fade for the first few washings.? She warned me so it was no problem and now that they are broken in, I'm fine.? I am going to order more so I always have clean ones at hand.?
I do not get a commission but I highly recommend her.? The website is www.almostheavenproducts.com.
Her phone? number is 1 800 693-7468.

Betty Brewer

I have used the same cloths mentioned by Betty called almost heaven in the past with good results.  However it was time to get some more and the Woods mentioned they had some good quality microfibre towels at Sam's Club for less than she good get them for when she was selling them.  Took their advice and bought a package.  I even like them better so went back and got the second package.  They work just as well or maybe better than any other I have used.

I don't shop Sams much for a couple of reasons, one being it's affilation to Wal Mart (Same owner) and the way Wal Mart and it's suppliers treat their employees (Not well for the most part)

However I'm fairly sure I've seen those cloths at Costco, and I know I've seen them at Pep Boys and assorted auto stores and Meijer's and such

In short, you can get them most any place that sells car wax

Sounds like you have been bitten by the Target rumors.  But to each their choice.  I do like Wal-Mart and have yet to find any truth in the rumors.  In fact my nieces husband had similar feelings as you just indicated but then went to work for them and found their are really a good company to work for.  Walmart does make very large contibutions to the local and national charity groups.

But you are right you can probably find the towels most anywhere.

Tom said:
I think you're right Leo. When I recently bought an i-Way GPS it came with a large microfiber cloth and they say not to use anything else.

I still carry what is a nano cloth by comparison - for cleaning my glasses. Used to buy them in Japan and would always lose them. Haven't seen anything quite like it here, even in the so-called optical cloths that are sold.

I found this site which has helped me understand the issues better. 

http://www.premiumautocare.com/microfiber-products.html

Leo,
Thank you for the web site explaining all I ever wanted to know about Micro fiber.  The Almost Heaven  microfiber cloths I use are the kind that absorb 7 times as much water as it's weight. I'll admit however that I may have  fried them by washing them in hot water and Never ever dry them with regular bath towels,  as they pick up lint from the towels. 
Betty

Ron said:
I do like Wal-Mart and have yet to find any truth in the rumors.  In fact my nieces husband had similar feelings as you just indicated but then went to work for them and found their are really a good company to work for.

No, I'm basing my feelings on Wal-Mart from a combination of things.

Interviews with general labor who work there.

9-1-1 calls I have answered which were placed from within the store

Observation when I was personally in the store

All convince me I don't want to work, or shop, or support, Wal-mart

John In Detroit said:
All convince me I don't want to work, or shop, or support, Wal-mart

John, how about an overnight stop or two in a WalMart parking lot? You don't need to shop there, just pretend like you are.

LOL, Tom can never resist!  ;D  Can't wait to hear you sing that waltzing song at the next QZ!!!

Seriously, I agree with on on this.  WM microfiber cloths are just fine for cleaning and polishing full body paint.

I also question the motives of the article Blueblood is pointing us to.  While it has some excellent information on it describing the different MF weaves and their best uses, the idea of having to buy more expensive cloths to get suitable quality must be weighed by the fact that the company publishing that article is in the business of selling expensive MF.  When MF first hit the markets, it was VERY expensive at ALL places it was sold, including WM.  I did not buy it for that reason.  A lot of folks were making good money at RV shows doing amazing demos and selling those cloths at a high price.  As you would expect, any commodity like a fabric cloth would eventually come down in price, and it did.  I feel sorry for those folks still trying to convince everyone to pay a premium price.  I am doing fine with the bulk MFs I buy at WM, Sams, Costco, ACE hardware, etc.  I am a firm supporter of MF and use them exclusively now.  But I buy them in bulk.

Now I just wish Dry Wash N Guard would become a commodity.  Don' hit me Ron!  I am a firm believer in that product also, but hate the high price.  :D  I was lucky to buy some half priced bottles from the QZ dealer who was emptying out his load on the last day there.

p.s.  there is no such thing as a MF which will resist lint.  Keeping lint out of MF means being careful not to wash it with other fabrics.  A good MF will always attract lint when lint is in the area.  That is part of its job.

Smoky said:
Can't wait to hear you sing that waltzing song at the next QZ!!!

You'll be waiting a long time Smoky. The only authorized performance is at Moab.

Tom said:
You'll be waiting a long time Somky. The only authorized performance is at Moab.

We are looking forward to that performance too. You' all Better get your reservation in for this performance by Tom.

Smoky said:
Someone ought to arrange to have the local WM manager attend.  Tom might then be awarded lifetime free parking!

I think Tom will end up in a sleeping bag on Wal-Mart's pavement when Chris pulls out in the M/h! ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom