Little help for the new guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirada Steve

I am struggling to find any information on what this switch does and how I need to use it. Any help would be great.

This is on a Coachmen Mirada 35es91390D99-BFE6-4B88-B0C7-6F3738D69804.jpeg

Does it stay in the position you push it to? Or does it go back to the position it started in? (The latter is a momentary switch.)

Water pump switches are usually momentary. Light switches are not. (Light switch is my second guess.)

btw, Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
It stays in position, however I just toggled it and I heard the pump kick in so it is a pump switch. It did not make any noise yesterday when I flipped it to the down position

Thanks for all your help

It stays in position, however I just toggled it and I heard the pump kick in so it is a pump switch. It did not make any noise yesterday when I flipped it to the down position

Thanks for all your help
Welcome to the forum.
It didn’t work yesterday probably because the system was up to full pressure controlled by a pressure switch inside the pump. You have a winterizing inlet in that panel. What you do is connect a short length of hose to that port, stick it in a jug of pink rv antifreeze then start the pump with that switch to pump antifreeze throughout the water system.

And the winterizing connection is the reason it is located there. It keeps you have having to run in and out to turn the pump on and off when winterizing.
But it's also quite convenient when you are hooking to (and unhooking from) shore water to make it simple to switch from the pump to faucet and back.

Back
Top Bottom