Living in a 5th Wheel in Kentucky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I meant the normal condensation created with warm or hot air inside,, and very cold air outside.>>>D ( Normally not a problem in a larger home with insulation, but always present in a thinwall RV with little insulation and many windows and vents proportionally.)
So I guess you’re saying it would be the same using portable electric heaters

Open flame heaters are normally hotter than small electrics that are limited to 1500 watts.>>>D
The pellet stove Being hotter it really dries the air to a point that a humidifier may have to be used .
The problem in a RV is there is so much moist air from cooking and showers that it condenses on the glass windows and walls then it sweats. A pellet stove would dry out most if not all that condensation IMHO.

Well,, fortunately for the OP, we are rapidly getting into spring and summer. So heat will be in the past and heat control will be in her future also..>>>Dan

Are you paying by the kh for your electricity, or are you paying a flat monthly fee for electricity? If you are paying a flat fee, you should get a couple of small electric heaters--700-1400 amps--and use them to cut down propane use. If you are paying by the kh, it is going to be expensive to run the heaters.

I would stay away from anything that has a flame, such as a pellet stove, because of the danger of fire in such a small place.

Also, living in northern KY may be warmer than southern KY, which is why people are asking for more details. Living in the mountains is obviously going to be really cold.

Everyone is somewhat a little paranoid about using a pellet stove and it’s understandable if you are unfamiliar with heating that way. As long as you maintain the proper clearances set forth by the manufacturer you would be Fine..
Heating with pellets or wood in the northeast is very popular and is very safe if maintained properly and as long as the stove is installed correctly and inspected by the local Fire Dept.

Why be paranoid about a flame inside an RV? My water heater and furnace have pilot lights.
Why be paranoid about a flame inside an RV? My water heater and furnace have pilot lights.
And how many rv’s use a open flame on their gas stove. Pellet stoves are sealed and you for the most part never have to open the front door until it’s time to clean the inside which for me it use to be once half way through winter and at the end of the heating season. There’s a hopper at the back of the stove which is where you add the pellets. No flame involved. A internal auger feeds the burn pot when pellets are needed. Under the main door is a door for the ashes. Open that door and pull out the ash bin to dump the ashes which I use to do once a month. Burning with pellets is super super safe and clean. Much safer than burning with wood.

Back
Top Bottom