Living in Alaska...ready for the road.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GKBottling

Hello all.  We are George and Karla Gallagher and live in Anchorage, Alaska.  We are looking forward to retiring and going fulltime.  We are often on the internet researching the fulltime lifestyle.  We have been "campers" for years and have traveled throughout  Alaska fishing, four-wheelling, snowmobiling, boating, camping...anything to get out of the city. 

I am a teacher and George is a Project Manager for a sheet metal company.  I also drove a bus for Princess Tours here in Alaska and was a tour guide.  I love sharing stories of our state and showing off the beautiful sites, history and culture.  If you come to visit I would be happy to give you information or tips.  You can contact me at [email protected].

George and I are looking forward to taking to the road and meeting new people.  We have been to the Seattle RV show and are looking forward to going to a few more.  Any suggestions as to which ones are GREAT?

We look forward to talking to you and hearing about your travels, your tips, and your adventures.

GK Bottling

Hi George and Karla. Welcome to our forum. Sounds like you have a plan in place for fulltiming. We have a number of fulltimers here who will be glad to share their experiences.

Welcome Karla and George,

Glad to have another Alaskan on-board. I also drove tour bus too but for Holland America Westours in Fairbanks. I retired in '99. Wife Peg and I have been traveling and wintering in Camp Verde, AZ close to a daughter. If you get in this area please stop in for a visit.

Hi Karla and George,
Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please ask any questions you have, join in on any of the ongoing discussions, or start new discussions.  Thanks for joining us.

It is nice to hear from all of you.  We are really looking forward to learning about a new lifestyle.

Thanks for the message Don and Peg.  It is welcoming to know that someone from our state is out there.  We know there are lots of snowbirds from Alaska and welcome the opportunity to meet up sometime.

We have a son and daughter-in-law in Baltimore.  A daughter and son-in-law and two grandchildren in Winona, MN.  A son in Las Vegas and a daughter here in Anchorage.  It seems like we have a lot of the US to cover.  Lots of things to learn about.

If you get to Alaska let us know and we can hook up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom