Liz Pearce's Heart Surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Maxwell

Moderator Emeritus
I talked for a good while with both Liz and Jack Pearce this evening.

Liz was having her 2nd TX BBQ brisket dinner in two days after a busy afternoon at Houston Methodist. She knows "first things first!" ;D

She met her cardiac surgeon He's personable, highly skilled and spent 90 minutes with her. Like she mentioned at a Virtual Campfire, she carried a duplicate set of records with her and since the ones mailed from Miami never arrived, she had the data and films for them. Jack was highly impressed that it's been 4 years since this doctor has had to replace, not repair a valve he set out to repair.

Liz has had all her pre-surgical prep and reports at 6 AM and surgery is at 7 AM CT. Jack will see her in Recovery about noon. Liz asked me to be their communication link for our forum and I am glad to be available to them. She expects a 7-10 day stay. I'll get an address from Jack tomorrow for cards and flowers.

Yes, Liz is scared, she's human. She has her faith, the love of her life and she knows her framily is behind her and senses your care, prayers and support. Keep it up! ;)

This just arrived from their laptop:

"Howdy, Framily.

We met Dr. Lawrie this afternoon. Nice man. He is 100% confident that my mitral
valve can be repaired. I feel very comfortable with him. 

My open heart procedure is tomorrow morning. Have to be at hospital at 6 AM. I
will be at The Methodist Hospital, Houston. I went through pre-admittance today;
got poked and xrayed.<Grin>

I am having trouble sending email from offline all of a sudden.  You can reach
us direct at 713.351.1375 or on Jack's cell phone which doesn't work too well in
our suite.<Grin> Jack will need a little TLC although he won't admit it. Don't
tell him that I wrote that.

Matt will come down on Friday.

Regards,
Liz"

Thanks for posting that Bob. I think we're all hoping/praying that everything will be OK and that Liz will have a speedy recovery.

Jack left me a message to tell me that Liz is unplugged and now in a real room.  ;D
I'm calling her soon but wanted all y'all to have her contact info:

Liz Pearce
Methodist Hospital
Dunn Tower Rm 973
Houston TX 77030

direct phone: 713-790-6739

Thanks Bob. Please pass along our very best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom