long term or full time rving, question 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sueh

Hello,
  I originally asked for locations with long term sites from October to April. Well, I should say how about in Tennessee,  Kentucky or Georgia? Thanks again!

They all have winter to some extent.  It is not fun camping in the cold.  Trailers are not designed for long term cold weather camping.  Do people do it?  Yes, are they comfortable not so much.

There are good reasons why Snow Birds go to S Texas or S New Mexico or Arizona.  Even in those states you have periods of time when the cold get to be too much.

We don't mind the cold. This will be my second full winter in our 5th wheel. We are about 45 minutes north of Birmingham in Alabama. We're from Northern Michigan though so most days the winter here is very mild. Most days it doesn't get below freezing, though several nights it does. We just leave our water on a trickle.

Maybe in a few years it might bother me? But right now the summer heat bothers me more then the winter cold. There are several people who full time here, though most pull their campers out for the winter.

I understand Michigan cold!  There is indeed a HUGE difference in weather between N MI and central AL!  However, I could not recommend ANY location in KY or in eastern TN to spend the winter in a FW.  Tom hit the nail on the head!

If you like central AL, why do you want to go north for the winter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom