long term or full time rving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sueh

Hello,

Anyone have an idea where I can find a list of campgrounds that not are just open all year, but have long term seasonal sites. We are  in Ohio from April to October and looking for campgrounds that have October to April sites also. I know Florida has plenty, wondered if many other states have that option.
  Thanks in advance!
  Sueh

South Texas and Arizona have to many to list.
If you have a area you are interested in then some one can tell you what is in the area.
For example around Phoenix I guess there are well over 200 parks with varying amenities and prices.

It depends on how far you care to travel.

The Good Sam campground directory lists thousands of sites all over the country, including public and private ones.  Some of the ads might say long-term rentals available, but you'll probably just have to identify the campgrounds and then start calling.  This directory is a good place to start.  Another way, but to my way of thinking less useful, is to Google the name of the town and campgrounds to see what comes up.  The problem with this approach is that you have no ideas what amenities the place has, such as paved roads, dirt sites, 30-amp sites, dog area, pool, etc.  The GS directory provides all that information and you can eliminate a lot of unnecessary phone calls.

ArdraF

It is a great trip from Ohio to Casa Grande, AZ.  Little longish but we take about a month to do it. Stopping  for some interesting things along the way.
We are in a place called Fiesta Grande in Casa grande, AZ. Lots of activities and clubs so if you are bored it is your own fault. There are 5 or six other place in or around Casa Grande some more high brow some a basic parking place for the rig.
Have you thought about volunteering at a state or federal park?  Most give you a site, electric, water and sewer free in exchange for about 20 hours a week.

If you have an Apple product, use the AllStays Camp & RV app. You can also get to their website, but the app is easier to use. It has a filter option for ?Open all year?. I like the map view instead of just seeing a list.

Also, if this is your first time as a snowbird, you might be better off doing some traveling, maybe staying in an interesting looking spot for a week or so at a time so you can see what options are available.

Arrowhead Rv Park. 761 County Road 941, Crane Hill Alabama 35053
Close enough to drive in one long day, at least we do from Michigan. And it's the northern part of Alabama, so warm some days in the winter and cold some days.

There are a few sites open now and I would think there will be more as August ends. We like it here a lot. It's got a pool, boat dock ( water is very low for our boat though) and lots of room. Very quiet.

We stay here full time now, sold our house in Michigan and while we are looking for a place on deep water here, we're in no hurry to buy as we like it here and our 5th wheel suites our needs.

Back
Top Bottom