Look Out! It's An RV Noob!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShifterHand45

Hello.

My name is Michael and I am an RV Noob. I've never owned one but I did rent one once. :D

Apparently my wife is tired of tent camping so we are doing our research on the purchase, care and feeding of a fifth wheel. We do have a 3/4T diesel pickup which will provide us some flexibility in the size of the 5'vr and what we can bring with us.

I am looking forward to reading and learning here at RVForum.net

I'll try to not ask too many Noob questions.

Michael

Welcome to the forum! Your 3/4 ton truck is a great starting point, but just that... a starting point for most 5th wheels. There will be many of them you cannot pull, depending on the payload numbers of your truck, which is what needs to handle the downward-pushing pin weight of the trailer. But you should have a pretty wide range to choose from too, just make sure you know your numbers and what your truck can/cannot handle. There are plenty of experts here to help you out! :)

ShifterHand45 said:
I'll try to not ask too many Noob questions.

Actually, that's fairly impossible. Don't worry about it... the only dumb question is the one not asked. ;)

Good luck with your search. Just wait until that first weekend camping when it rains, and you don?t care!

Oh, and be careful - most dealers will sell you WAY to heavy a trailer for your truck  Check the #'s yourself.....

Welcome to the RV Forum Michael

The best advise I can give you is pay close attention to what Chakara said....Salespeople lie more than politicians.

Chakara said:
  Oh, and be careful - most dealers will sell you WAY to heavy a trailer for your truck  Check the #'s yourself.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom