Looking at buying 1992 Damon Challenger - Need guidance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another thing to keep in mind, most RV appliances (refrigerator, air conditioner, water heater, furnance_ last roughly 15 years before needing to be replaced, each is going to cost $1,000 - $1,500, maybe more if you have a shop do the work. Also those just put new tires on it statements, almost always turn out to have (5-6 years ago) left off the end of the phrase. RV tires almost always age out, they don't wear out, the typical motorhome only sees about 5,000 miles per year, and the typical tire rots out from the inside out after 7 years or so, and chances of having a sudden blowout driving down the road goes way up after the 7 year point. Learn to read the DOT date codes stamped into the sidewall of tires (google DOT RV tire date codes).

That's a good looking one for the vintage and extremely low miles which could be a good thing or a not great thing.

Some of my absolute best purchases were from grannys and grandpas who "only drove it to church on sundays" - I literally bought a 20 year old car like that for $1500. Had like 23,000 miles on it. My niece is still driving it to college 3 years on. It's in perfect shape.
In 2012 I bought an '88 29' Sportscoach motor home with 10k miles for $5k. The original owners took it on 2 trips and then the man passed away.
From '90 until we bought it, it was parked under a shelter and only used as a spare bedroom, with no utilities except electric. I changed belts, hoses and tires and drove it another 10k miles and sold it when we went full time for $7500. It was a jewel, but too small for the two of us to live in full time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom