Looking for Battery tie down straps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

On The Go

Need to replace the house battery tie down strap & clamps on my 2021 Thor ACE motor home. Having a hard time locating a replacement. Basically a black “fabric type strap and a clamp with teeth to hold I tight.

Auto parts stores carry all manner of them either in stock or ship to store, and of course amazon. What about the ones you have makes them difficult to replace?

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Home Depot, Menards, Lowe's Tractor Supply all have this type of strap.
AND there is a strap included in battery boxes ( most times).
The whole box is less than 10 most places.
Here is one at WMCom... Strap

The one pictured above is a battery Carry strap
When I need to strap down a battery I just use a cargo strap or

The page I'll link to has lots of examples. these are cam straps.
You can also get ratchet straps.

Short story. My 16 year old Dometic (relabled LG microwave failed dangerous last night (The magnatron did NOT shut off) so it's in a box waiting to go out to trash bin tomorrow.. I used a Ratching cargo strap to carry the new OSTER (sunbeam) up ... Turns out the model I picked is o.1Cubic Foot larger inside and exactly the same size outside. The old one is not in the box. Strapped to go

The same straps. only get the shortest (usually) work for battery hold down.

The problem with straps is they have to be impervious to acid. I had some holding my gc2 batteries . They fell apart in about 3 months. I still haven't found tie-downs yet that would work on gc2s.

instead of relying on a battery strap ?, why not just lock it in place ?. my new camper came with a cheap tie down strap, did not like it at all. then i thought..what is keeping someone from stealing my battery ?..NOTHING !. so, i came up with my own tie down. not only does it keep it tied down ?, BUT KEEPS A THIEF FROM TAKING IT !. i used some 1/8 flat bar, with some cleaver bends in the right spot, my 400 dollar marine battery wont grow legs any time soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.JPG
    IMG_1364.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 12
instead of relying on a battery strap ?, why not just lock it in place ?. my new camper came with a cheap tie down strap, did not like it at all. then i thought..what is keeping someone from stealing my battery ?..NOTHING !. so, i came up with my own tie down. not only does it keep it tied down ?, BUT KEEPS A THIEF FROM TAKING IT !. i used some 1/8 flat bar, with some cleaver bends in the right spot, my 400 dollar marine battery wont grow legs any time soon.
You're kidding yourself. A $15 bolt cutter from Harbor Freight and 3 seconds to cut that lock and cables off, and your battery is gone. Master locks are not hardened steel today.

Master locks are not hardened steel today.
I just got on Master Lock website and looked at about 6 different padlocks and the all had hardened steel shackles. One of the ones I looked at even had a different material which was harder than hardened steel. I’m not saying they are all that way but at least the ones I looked at were.

Back
Top Bottom