Looking for Escapee Sponsor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Hey I am ready to join.  Why not help a framily member at the same time getting their next lamplighter pin light?

I am really looking for an Escapee "Angel".  Someone who knows the ropes and can guide me to the best things Escapee has to offer and to help me learn the fulltiming ropes.  "Almost" fulltimers eligible as well.

And while I am at it, what are the ERPU memberships?  Are those like deed lots?  Which location has the best ones.  And which Escapee park is overall the best for winter and which park the best for summer?

Hi Smoky,

We have been Escapees for several years and highly recommend them.? Answers to your questions should all be answered? on the Escapees website
http://www.escapees.com/

Our SKP nbr is 36525 if you want to give us credit for you joining.
If you have any questions after visiting the web site just ask and I will try to provid answers.

Smoky,
I've been a full timer wannabe for a couple of years and one of the first things I did was join Good Sam's Club, Escapees, get a subscription to Workamper news and the Caretakers Gazette. Currently, we're waiting only for the house to sell and we're in the wind. The only one of the above items that I have found to be appropriate to us is the Escapees club. We determined that caretaking wasn't for us and that working on the road could be easier done on the road. Good Sam was a great club if you wanted umpteen mailings from them, Camping World and GMAC.

Anyway.... The best way to learn about the Escapees is face to face. These people really love to talk. I didn't see where you're located. Let me know and I'll check to see what's coming up near you. PM me your address and I'll send a back copy of the magazine.

Later dude,

Jim

Thanks Smoky.  Glad to help and let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Quasi is right about the Good Sam club.  Seems all they  are good for is Junk mail.  If we weren't lifetime members of GS we wouldn't be members of GS at all.  Got the lifetime membership before Affinity (JUNK MAIL GENERATORS) bought them.

I do however highly recommend: Escapees, FMCA, Passport America, and of course first and foremost This RV Forum and Framily.

Smoky said:
And while I am at it, what are the ERPU memberships?  Are those like deed lots?  Which location has the best ones.  And which Escapee park is overall the best for winter and which park the best for summer?

ERPU lots are long term leases in some of the SKP parks.  There are several types of Escapee parks:  coops, parks with deeded lots, parks intended for short term stays, etc.  The "best" park is pretty subjective.  Just visit them as you travel and see what works for you.  We're partial to the Park Sierra Coop in California and have a lot there.  However, it can be hot in the summer and gets snow in the winter (about once every ten years).

Thanks Jeannine for answering the ERPU.  I see the annual maintenance charge,  But the other charge , typically $12,000 or so, is that a one time charge or an annual charge?  If a one time charge it looks very reasonable, a steal.  If an annual charge it looks VERY expensive.

The Escapees web site has all the information on the park structures, coops, Rainbow and ERPU parks.  Each type of park fills a different need.  Go to www.escapees.com for the complete scoop.

I checked there but so far I have not found the answer.  I did find the price listings though and they don't say whether the ERPU is annual or one time.

Go to the Escapees home page and click on the Parks and Parking link at the top of the page.  That will get you to all the information on the various types of SKP parks.  If you're having trouble finding the link, it's http://www.escapees.com/ParksandParking.asp

Hey guys I have been to those links.  They do not mention the period for the $12,000.  One might make a case they imply 5 years, but it also could be an annual payment made over a 5 year period.  Guess I will have to call them if no one knows.

I phone call might just be a good idea.  Now that you have brought it up I am not sure.  I thought it was the 12K was the initial cost that is refundable when you finish up your five years but there is a yearly maintenance fee as well.  I'm just not positive and wouldn't want to give wrong information.

The ERPU fees are all spelled out on the ERPU page linked from the Escapees Parks and Parking page I pointed you to.  The membership fee varies with the park as does the annual maintenance fee.

Smoky,

The link I provided takes you right to the page Ned mentioned and it does give membership fee and annual fees for each park click on the link I gave you in an earlier message today.

Guys I continue to look at that link and it does not say whether the charge is a one time charge or paid annually.? I will find out by phone.? Unless you are seeing something I am not in which case you could just tell me if it is annual or one time.? :D

One time.  It states what the ANNUAL fee is.

Ned.  It only states what the annual maintenance fee is.  The other fee it does not state the time period.  However it talks about a five year lease, so one can imply it is for 5 years.  But it is unspecific about that.  the only other thing it says is that the fee is refundable after the lease is up.

My guess is that for 12,500 and then 650 + 20 a year, plus my membership fee, I could live there for 5 years and then get my money back on the 12k.  Not really a bad deal, even given the interest value of the 12k loan.  But I will give them a call to be sure.  The link just does not hack it. ;)

It seems quite clear to me.  There is a membership fee and an annual fee.  Why would there be 2 annual fees, and an annual charge of $12,500 doesn't meet the common sense test.

My guess is that for 12,500 and then 650 + 20 a year, plus my membership fee, I could live there for 5 years and then get my money back on the 12k.  Not really a bad deal, even given the interest value of the 12k loan.

That they way I understand it Smoky.  A couple of the Framily members are doing that or have their name on a waiting list for the park they want.

Back
Top Bottom