Looking for rallies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
If a newcomer is looking for rallies, what might their options be? Off the top of my head, I can think of:

• RV Forum rallies, announced right here in the forum and posted in our calendar.
  • FMCA rallies, announced in the FMCA magazine and on their web site.
  • Various RV manufacturers hold rallies. e.g. Monaco rallies are announced in their Lifestyles magazine.

Feel free to add to this list. I'll compile the answers into a file for the library.

TIA

The Escapees has information on their chapter and BOF events on the www.escapees.com web site.

Thanks Ned. Have you attended any of the SKP rallies?

We went to Fun Days several years ago, but haven't made any Escapades.  They always seem to be at the other end of the country from where we are :)

And Winnebago has the Winnebago Itasca Travellers club with it's many chapters.  Announcements appear in the monthly WIT magazine.

Doug

Also the Freightliner Chassis Owners Club and the Cat RV Owners Club both have rallies, often as pre- or post-FMCA convention events. ?They are announced in the respective newsletters and on the web sites. ?These are two of the largest suppliers to the motorhome industry.

Thanks Jim. I'd forgotten about the Good Sam rallies. Haven't been a member for many years.

Ned said:
Also the Freightliner Chassis Owners Club and the Cat RV Owners Club both have rallies

Well I'll be darned. I didn't even realize those clubs existed Ned, thanks.

Ned said:
We went to Fun Days several years ago, but haven't made any Escapades.? They always seem to be at the other end of the country from where we are :)

They also seem to have stagnated as far as locations are concerned.  I think they need to move the Escapades around to more different locations.

American Coach Association Rallies as well as Newmar rallies.  Spartan holds rallies too.  there are also Satellite internet rallies.

A new RVer looking for comradeship would do well to locate and join the local Good Sam chapter. Most have regular local rallies, typically monthly in the local season.  IT's a good way to meet other Rvers in your area, get some expereince and check out area campgrounds.

Good suggestion Gary. Just hope they don't mind the resulting GS junk mail.

It may take several attempts, but you can get your address removed from the Affiinty Group mailing list.  We get nothing from them other than the magazine.  They don't even send renewal notices any more.

Took me a number of years and two house moves to eventually get rid of it. Then, as soon as we bought the new coach, it started again. So I have to add the junk mail caveat any time we discuss Good Sam.

RV Roamer said:
A new RVer looking for comradeship would do well to locate and join the local Good Sam chapter. Most have regular local rallies, typically monthly in the local season.  It's a good way to meet other Rvers in your area, get some experience and check out area campgrounds.

We're members of Good Sam (and don't get junk mail ;D) but have not joined a chapter--like most such clubs, they are few and far between in Canada.

Joining a Good Sam club will introduce you not only to other RVers, but to other RVs.  We belong to a WIT chapter and have met the other members, but only see other Winnebago products.  That doesn't bother us--and not seeing other brands probably keeps the envy level down ;).

Ciao,

Doug

I've never made any effort to discourage Good Sam mailings and no longer get all that much.  I think perhaps they finally figured out their mail blitz was counter-productive.  I still get periodic solicitations for insurance, road service, etc. but not at an objectionable level.  And I even get things of interest once in awhile, like the current offer for a risk-free trial of the Trailer Life Navigator CD.  I send no money up front and get the guide in CD form. Even if I decide to keep it and pay for it, I can still return it for a full refund for up to 12 months if I am dissatisfied. How can you beat a deal like that?

A single piece of junk mail is one too many. But they still send me more than that.

Back
Top Bottom