Looking for RV that is identical to mine....2000 Fleetwood Tioga...needing documents for the RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello everyone!

I just purchased an RV but not documentation came with it. Fleetwood doesn't have the documents I'm looking for...

So, I'm looking for an owner of an RV exactly like mine.

Here is the VIN & FIN:
  • Serial Number: 877zy7733358
  • VIN: 1fdxe40s5xhb13555
  • Model: 2000 Fleetwood Tioga
If you have documents for this model I'll gladly pay you to make copies or scan them for me and send to me.

Thanks

What documents are you looking for? if it is an owners manual you are out of luck. Most RVs do not have any type of manual that would help you. Do you have a specific problem?

You cam download manuals for each appliance from the specific mfg web sites. Thats the best your going to get

Hello everyone!

I just purchased an RV but not documentation came with it. Fleetwood doesn't have the documents I'm looking for...

So, I'm looking for an owner of an RV exactly like mine.

Here is the VIN & FIN:
  • Serial Number: 877zy7733358
  • VIN: 1fdxe40s5xhb13555
  • Model: 2000 Fleetwood Tioga
If you have documents for this model I'll gladly pay you to make copies or scan them for me and send to me.

Thanks
I have the same RV. I have every manual possible. Most you can get online. I also have the manuals for the Chevy Express Cutaway, which covers all the engine related stuff. So whatever you're looking for, I will most likely have it.

-Don- USA Parkway, Sparks, NV

Thanks DonTom for that reply. I have messaged you privately.

Looking for more assistance on house battery selection etc.

Problem #1: Like previously noted, I purchased the RV without any house batteries installed. In the pics you will see an empty battery box. The previous owner said there were two batteries in the RV previously. The RV came with two short positive and a negative cables with terminals so that two batteries could be connected in parallel. My problem is that I don't know what of batteries need to be installed. I'm flipping this RV so I don't need to spend money on anything better than lead-acid batteries.

You will see in one of the photos there is a label with battery information, AUX and MAIN. Is one of those batteries referring to the one under the front hood? I can't make that determination.

Problem #2: In Image 7730 you will see that I circled a part that has a wire on the right post and the post on the left has sheered off. I don't know what this item is or what is function is. At any rate, I need to replace it because the post on the left side sheered off when I tried to remove it. I know how all the wiring goes back together because I took photos and labeled the wiring.

Thanks for all the help thus far!

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_7730.JPG
    IMG_7730.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7729.JPG
    IMG_7729.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7728.JPG
    IMG_7728.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7727.JPG
    IMG_7727.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 14
You will see in one of the photos there is a label with battery information, AUX and MAIN. Is one of those batteries referring to the one under the front hood?
AUX is the house 12v system and MAIN is the chassis/engine 12v system. In a Class C type coach, both are typically under the hood, but not always adjacent.

You will see in one of the photos there is a label with battery information, AUX and MAIN. Is one of those batteries referring to the one under the front hood?
That is the exact same battery box and label in my Y2K RV. Yes, the main (engine starting) battery is under the hood and the house (aux) battery should be in that box, but is missing. That label is for the fuses in that box and stock the engine battery runs the propane detector. But I changed mine to use the house battery.

However, my battery is now not in that box either as I now have a 300 AH lith battery under the bed / seat to the rear of that box and I use that battery box to transfer the wiring and other modifications I made in my Y2K RV.

-Don- Cold Springs Station RV park, NV

Problem #2: In Image 7730 you will see that I circled a part that has a wire on the right post and the post on the left has sheered off.
I wish you asked me that a few months ago when I was working on my RV in that area, as I then figured out what that was, but I now cannot remember. It could come back to me and I will then let you know. I am a couple if hundred miles from that RV at this time. But I can let you know when I get back to Auburn, CA where my Y2K RV is located.

But I think it was related to the switch to the left bottom of the steering wheel that adds in the house battery to start the engine battery, but it isn't the relay for that, but is something else related I just cannot remember at this time.

I had two T-105 six volt Trojans in my Y2K battery box.

-Don- Cold Springs Station, NV

Last edited:
I
AUX is the house 12v system and MAIN is the chassis/engine 12v system. In a Class C type coach, both are typically under the hood, but not always adjacent.
No, in that RV only the engine battery is under the hood.

The house battery should be in the box he is looking in, which is just above the entrance door to the house section.

-Don- Cold Springs STN, NV

Sounds like the right call is two 12V batteries connected in parallel. group size 24 or 24F would be correct for the size of the battery box.

Sounds like the right call is two 12V batteries connected in parallel. group size 24 or 24F would be correct for the size of the battery box.

The two six volts are a tight fit, one 12V will fit but you cannot go much more wider than those two 6V Trojans. Notice the Trojans are higher than the total length. The Trojans will give all the AH you can get in that box. Any 12V I have seen that would fit in the box will have less AH.

-Don- Cold Springs Stn, NV

Last edited:
I just now noticed that your latching disconnect relay is missing from that box. Somebody removed more than the batteries.

When I get back to Auburn, I will take a photo of my box. My box is heavily modified by me, but the location of the latching relay has not been changed in my box.

The other solenoid in your box is for the switch to the left of your steering wheel to add house battery in to help start the engine when the engine battery is weak.

The 12V disconnect latching relay is square, not round and I do not see it in your box. It should be shown in your 7728.jpg photo above.

I should be back in Auburn CA sometime next week and then I can take a photo of my battery box that will show the latching relay that turns on your DC house power from the disconnect switch at your entrance on the left side.

-Don- Cold Springs Station RV Park, NV

Here are the photos I just now took of my battery box. Your Power-Tek RL-1001 latching relay is missing. That is what your disconnect switch controls. Down on that disconnect switch on the left where you enter latches the relay to off and up latches it to on.

The solenoid on the left part of the box on the right side where the battery would be, do not be concerned with. That is a relay I added for my 4KW inverter that is controlled by a small switch.

But that RL-1001 is where you need to start and on a quick search, it doesn't seem to be available any more.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Attachments

• RL1001.JPG
    RL1001.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 4
  • batbox.JPG
    batbox.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 5
  • wiring.JPG
    wiring.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 5
  • wiring2.JPG