Looking for secluded, peaceful RV sites in Tennessee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chieftain22

:eek:  Hello. I am looking for nice, secluded RV camp sites in Tennessee. I prefer the West and Middle TN areas. I would like lakefront or riverfront sites.  I might even want to purchase a site soon. Would like 30 amp hookups.
Thanks

Cheftain,

I live in Knoxville but we camp alot in Crossville and around Nashville. There are some very good campgrounds around that area but I am not sure if that would be a little to east for you. I have always wanted to camp at the campground next to graceland and will probably do so on our next trip west but I cannot image that being peacful and secluded.

Try the Corps of Engineers Parks along the Cumberland River.  We stayed at the Cordell Hull COE and each site was on water, as fingers of land were poked into the river, either naturally or built that way, I'm not sure now.  But it was beautiful.  These are not long term parks, I think 14 day limits, but TN has so many of them, that you could probably make a hobby out of going from one to the other for the 14 days limits.  If you qualify for a Golden Age Passport, your stay is half price. 

We stayed at another one on Percy Priest Lake south to Nashville that we liked also, and a couple of others that I've forgotten about now.  We no longer travel through that part of the country, but TN has some of the prettiest public CGs we've seen and I would have liked to spend more time in them.  The sites are normally huge, with lots of space between neighbors, each site with a "right of way" to the water and large enough for any size RV.  Most have no sewers, because of the proximity to the water, but do have a dump station usually conveniently located.  Also they do have water and electric, but a few are just boon docking.

If you're looking for a commercial cg for long term use, I can't help you there, since we haven't used any that I can recommend for that.  (meaning, I don't know if they have long term agreements.)

Daisy

martinday said:
Cheftain,

I live in Knoxville but we camp alot in Crossville and around Nashville. There are some very good campgrounds around that area but I am not sure if that would be a little to east for you. I have always wanted to camp at the campground next to graceland and will probably do so on our next trip west but I cannot image that being peacful and secluded.

It's not.

I had forgotten about Percy Priest Lake !! And it's only about 15 miles from Opryland. Electric and water hookups and half price for Golden Access/Age pass holders....what a deal. I think that's moved to the top of our list for next year. Thanks Daisy !!

Back
Top Bottom