Looking for some good stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVLiving

Hello Everyone,

I work with the editors at RVLiving magazine and we are looking for stories from RVers, like yourselves, about tales of people you've met, places you've seen, and funny things that have happened to you while living the RV experience.? Your story could be used in RVLiving (I would ask permission first)!  If you've got an adventure, I would love to hear it.

Sincerely,
Lindsay Stehman
Rodale Custom Publishing/RVLiving

Labor Day Weekend 2004, we were at Bethpage campground in Urbanna, Virginia.? We had a campsite in the middle of a group of Southern Marylanders that were having quite a good time.? Several of them had custom golf carts they used to tour the grounds.? Some had custom paint jobs,? some were scaled down replicas of street rods and a few had really thumpin sound systems.

I was talking to my brother-in-law Phil, when I heard this screeching and then a boom!? I turned around to see one of these golf carts cruising down the road with the driver just laughing and carrying on to beat all.? Phil asked if I saw that?? I said saw what all I heard was tires squealing and a loud boom.? He says that guy just pulled a wheelie in that golf cart.? I looked at him and said NO WAY!!!? Phil says YEA, HE DID!!? So now I?ve got to see this for myself. :eek:

All day long I?d turn around when I heard the noise but I never got a chance to see the cart actually doing the wheelie.? The next day I turned my chair facing the street where the guy was doing his thing with the golf cart and finally saw how he did it.? This time he was taking some of the kids for a ride.? He first got the cart going backward about 10 feet or so, (by the way it was an electric cart), then slammed it in forward with the throttle still floored.? The front end lifted nearly straight up as a matter of fact the rear was dragging the ground, then WHAM!? The front wheels would come crashing down.? He must have done it 5 or 6 times with the kids from neighboring sites while I was watching that day.? ;D?

Afterward I overheard him telling one of the other campers that he?s had to replace the front end 3 times so far.? Gee I wonder why ???

Never saw anything like it before and likely never will again unless of course I?m camping near him again.

Bill?

Hi Bill,

I read your story and would like to include it in the reader's stories section of RVLiving magazine.? If you give us permission we would like use it in an upcoming issue.? I also need the names of the city and state which you live in because we like to include those as well.? I need your mailing address (NOT to be printed) so that I can send you a copy of the issue that your story is printed in. Please email me to let me know if I have your permission to reprint your story.? I hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,
Lindsay Stehman
Editorial Assistant
Custom Publishing
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom