Looking for some sort of portable fence for 2 small dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supfin99

We have 2 dachsunds that tend to take off running.  We are looking for something we can set up while we are there so that they can run around and not have to be on leashes.  Can't seem to find anything decent on the internet.  Anyone have anything like this?

You might try these exercise pens...

http://www.sitstay.com/store/equip/xpens.shtml

You can add on panels as necessary you get as large an enclosed area as desired.
works for me.... ;D

Howard

One of the folks at the QZ rally had a collapsible dog pen. Hopefully they'll see this topic and just in with a response.

We had a collapsible dog crate, but don;t think that is the one Tom is referring to.  Dog pens can be had at the best prices from various vendors at AKC dog shows.  On the east coast check infodog.com for the current AKC schedule.  The shows are a lot of fun to attend, and much better prices on that sort of thing than anywhere else.  You can park your RV at any AKC dog show as well.

I was in a campground and visited with a nice couple with an invisible fence.  They had purchased it at Petco and ran the wire around their spot, put the collar on the dog and plugged it in.  Seemed like a nice arrangement for the dog, for them and for others.  I priced one and found it cost about $150.  Well worth it tho!

Petco has portable fences that come in panels. Try this link
http://petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R=2143&PC=productlist&Nav=180&N=22%2097&sku=22977&familyID=5874&

I need a collapsible, foldable, break down and strap together, kind of dog crate for Mr Sam. The one we have is very large (well, so is Sam) and won't fit in the motorhome. I guess I should have looked at Smoky's in Quartzsite!

I had the large plastic take apart fence for my cats,,,, It's all from either Builder's Square or Lowes (I think the former) and is nothing more than plastic fence.  Kind of expensive though if you wish to duplicate, but keeps the cats out of trouble... Mine is custom fitted to an area in my motor home so it's really for TRAVELING

For the puppies, I would strongly suggest the Petco or Pets-R-Us or simular, all the big box pet stores have them

Wendy:

The one I have will fit in the MH, but not when traveling.  A smaller one would fit fine, but as I recall your dog was about same size as ours.  But the nice thing is that it easily fits in a bay when folded.  Takes less than 30 seconds to fold or unfold.

Smoky,

That's what I'm looking for....something that I can set up quick and easy outside or inside when we're parked, not for traveling. When we're traveling, Sam prefers to ride on the dashboard (yeah, yeah, I know that's not the safest place for him to ride but he's relaxed when he's there instead of pacing all over the coach). Where did you get the one you have?

I used to have 5 or 6 of them back when I was breeding and showing dogs.  I got all of them at AKC dog shows.  Plenty of vendors are at those shows selling the crates at a good price.  Every week there are shows all over the USA.  It would be easy for a traveling RVer to visit an AKC dog show.  Most of them even take RVs, as most handlers and breeders and vendors travel from show to show in their RVs.

Check this web site for schedules. 

http://www.akc.org/events/static/index.cfm

On that page click on the month you are interested in for "All breed and specialty shows"

I noted there is at least one show in Colorado for April.  When you find a show at a date and place you can attend, then note who is listed as "SUPT" (superintendent).  the superintendents are companies that run the shows for the AKC.  all of them have websites and all can provide directions to the show.  Once you arrive at the show (pick an outdoor show and you will have better parking) then just go on to the showgrounds and visit the vendor booths.  You will find everything you ever dreamed of for a dog of any breed.  Make sure you attend an all breed show, not a specialty show.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom