Looking for source of Owner's Manual - 1996 2610 Nomad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Williebfree

Recently purchased this TT from a private party, unfortunately he did not provide a manual. In my haste to do too many tasks, I left an extension cord plugged into the outside outlet and it rained, and rained. The plug end was submerged in a puddle. Now, the outlets on the general purpose curcuit are "dead". I attempted to "reset" the circuit breaker in the control panel, but it was ok (unpopped). Therefore, I believe that the GFI "popped"; however, I cannot find the GFI breaker within the circuit.

PS. Power has remained on for the fridge and the outlet that the microwave is plugged into.

Obviously, I need to spend more time looking, but thought someone else might know. Anyone familiar with this model???

I am confident that this crew of knowledgeable forum participants can guide me to the GFI and to a source for an owners manual.

Thanks all!! :)

Look for a GFI built into one of the outlets.  Electrically, it has to be upstream of the outlets it controls so look on outlets near the control planel.  Mine is under the TV shelf at the foot of the bed.  Guaranteed to be invisible to casual inspection.  ;D

Power for the fridge is 12VDC (+ propane) which it will switch when shore power is off.  The microwave may be wired on its own circuit.

We have more than one GFI. Bathroom, yes, but also in the galley and in the bedroom (nearest outlet to the washer/dryer). There are probably others I haven't found yet.

Don't ask me why but I have 2 in the lower bays and as far as I can find 4 in the coach, 1 by w/d, sink/stove, vanity, and 1 in the bedroom near the bath room.

The number of GFIs is a function of the number of circuits.  A consciencious mfr will install at least one per outlet circuit.

Thanks to all that replied!

I have been away from the house (and trailer) since I originally started this thread. I am confident that I will find the GFCI outlet(s) when I have a more time to look.

The good news is that time to look is coming as the family and I will be camping at Peninsula State Park (Door County) for a week starting Monday, July 30th. Additionally, we are non-electric site, so I will not be "short-circuited" with power.

What a great place to camp! Door County, with all its' little hamlets, has something for everyone. Make sure you take the ferry to Washington Island and spend a few hours bicycling around on a rental; if you don't have your own. Great touring and no cars necessary!

Added: Here's a link to some of the activities.Washington Island

I have been away from the house (and trailer) since I originally started this thread. I am confident that I will find the GFCI outlet(s) when I have a more time to look.

Happy hunting.  ;D

GFCI is found!!

It was located on the "driver side" wall (Near the sink). My wife had a stack of plastic drawers filled with her kitchen essentials blocking my sight of the outlet.

Door County was AWESOME, even with the Tornado Warning  :eek: on Wednesday night.

Three water funnels were spotted near Egg Harbor (about 7 miles south of the campground).  We recieved about 4 inches of rain throughout the night.

Williebfree said:
My wife had a stack of plastic drawers filled with her kitchen essentials blocking my sight of the outlet.

Sounds like our house and our RV. My wife has something stuck in front of every receptacle and every switch.

I'm not going to bad mouth my wifes's location of articles,  the knots on the head and the eyes are just starting to heal up from the last time.  But  we knew you would find it sooner are later.  Hope all is working fine now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom