Looking @ Residential Fridges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William52

We have a Norcold 4 door 1200 LRIM In a 2005 Holiday Rambler Endeavor I want to know what will fit? Someone I hope has done this with some Model numbers...

Not familiar with your unit but the Samsung 18CF is pretty popular for this conversion. Go to the Home depot website and get the exact dimensions. Search my post for the install that I did.

Measure the hole where the new refrigerator will go. Then you can go online or to an appliance store and find a unit that you like and fits your measurements.

Here is a link with pictures.

This one is probably smaller than yours, but you can get an idea of what is available.

We went slightly smaller then the Samsung. Had the 4 door Dometic 1350 and went with the Frigidaire 13.9 cu residential. Has a better track record and rated at 40 bucks a year!

We gained 2 cu and lost 100 lbs. Just picked up a watt meter and will measure usage.

Just another idea....

I went thru this a year ago and could not be happier,, measure the old box and grab your tape on the way to several big box stores to see what will fit.. I found a Frigidaire all stainless doors, top freezer, that was Energy star rated , and TWICE the inside space as the old box for $700.00 out the door.. Installation was a snap with a 110 outlet located right at the lower rear of the fridg..>>>Dan
( I had to devise a locking system to lock the doors for traveling,, no sweat..>>>)

You have many to choose from,Samsung, GE, Frigidaire, Whirlpool all have counter depth models that will work.

You have two things to measure:
  1. Length-Width-Height of the maximum wall opening for the 1200. Length and width are straight-forward, but height can be tricky if the RV roof is domed (curved). There may be less height available at the back wall than at the front. Also consider whether you are willing to alter the existing opening (some changes are always needed, but you may be able to minimize it to trim).
  2. Room for the door(s) swing open, which is highly dependent on the floor plan of you coach and on the style of the fridge you choose. For example, French doors require less space than single doors. Freezer drawer models need different space than freezer door models.
Cabinet depth fridges are shallower than standard depth models but they are wider for a given cubic foot size.

Think about how much more, if any, fridge interior space you want. This is your opportunity to add a few or even several cubic ft of fridge. Or stick with roughly the same size (10 cu ft fridge, 2 cu ft freezer) and just reap the benefits of a compressor design with self-defrost and other conveniences.

HINT: Search for "apartment size" fridges, which are generally those under about 16 cu ft.

I replaced my 1200 with a 14.4 cu ft GE top freezer model. It stuck out a bit more into the aisle but gave me a 20% increase in food space and left room to make a tall slim pantry along side.

I have owned three Samsung appliances in my home. All three were junk and I would never own another. Parts were hard to get and they don’t stand behind their products.
And this was before Covid.
Just my experience.

I did a 24 hr test on AC and the Frigidaire 13.9 cu only used .61Kwh

Just a follow-up. Used a watt meter. Pulled .68A running and 75.21w running.

This is getting crazy because I think a windshield remove may be in order, we full time in the coach and have no place to go. Thinking taking doors off? At least we are in a good place we have friends that are willing to help. Thank God.

Fridge manufacturers provide extremely detailed measurements, including those with the fridge doors off. If the retailer ads don't include those, go to the manufacturer site and look up the details there.

You may be able to remove the entry door on the RV - some are straight-forward and others challenging. You only gain an inch or two in most cases, but it may be enough to make the difference. If using the entry door, be prepared to remove the front passenger seat to allow more maneuvering room. Making that sharp turn is awkward at best.

It's generally simple to remove a side window, where as a windshield is a major piece of work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom