Looks Like Florida In For Some Bad Weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can’t think of any reason that would stop anyone from evacuating. Even if they were bed ridden, a call to the police dept or fire dept would have brought help. Now there may be instances but I just can’t think of any right now.

I and others gave a couple reasons. One of them is where do you go?

It is a 5 hour drive from Miami to Jacksonville and that might not be far enough especially when you never know the exact path. It is another 5 hours to Pensacola - north and west being the obvious bug out direction.

I doubt it would even be practical from a traffic standpoint for "everyone" south of Orlando to bug out of Florida - that's a lot of folks (roughly 9 1/2 million of the 21 million population)

I thought you once mentioned that your old motorhome broke down near right where you're now at and now you decided to live there for life.
It did but that is not the reason I decided to live here.
BTW, those two San Hill Cranes next to your place (I forgot their names), how have they been doing? Any idea where they went during the storm?

-Don- Reno, NV (headed for Auburn in around an hour).
Ozzie and Harriet are doing fine. I don't know where went.

It is a 5 hour drive from Miami to Jacksonville and that might not be far enough especially when you never know the exact path. It is another 5 hours to Pensacola - north and west being the obvious bug out direction.
Five hours drive isn’t that big of a deal if it means you are getting to a safe place.
I doubt it would even be practical from a traffic standpoint for "everyone" south of Orlando to bug out of Florida - that's a lot of folks (roughly 9 1/2 million of the 21 million population)
Not everyone south of Orlando would have to evacuate. Hurricanes normally hit one coast or the other. And if it come across land it will normally lose strength.

I and others gave a couple reasons. One of them is where do you go?

If they are unable to drive away from the storm most cities have safe shelters for those folks

I hear the hurricanes normally don't reach that area--at least not very strongly.

I wonder if that's why the built Disneyworld there.

-Don- Auburn, CA100% of the reason. DW has only closed due to wearhwe
Looking for SeilerBird to report in. I don't think he's near the coast but I'm betting it got a bit breezy for him. Scary enough in a cat 5 rated house much less a fiver.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
No breeze or rain here.
Go buy a lottery ticket while your luck is on the positive side!!

Back
Top Bottom