Looks Like Rain!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Treeman

Never did introduce ourselves; so here goes.
My name is Jim, (AKA Treeman) my wife's name is Alane. We live in Tacoma, WA which is 35 miles South of Seattle. It's been raining 26 consecutive days here as of this post! The record is 31 days set back in 1952, it looks like we will beat the record, or as least tie it soon.

We have a 26.5' Mid-bath LazyDaze on order, and expect to fly down to the plant to pick the rig up by Feb. 7th., then drive it back home. http://lazydaze.com/
We have been boaters (sail) for 15 years. The comparison between boating and the RV lifestyle looks pretty close; cramped quarters, how to outfit and pack for trips, mechanical items that will break down if really needed, bruises and bumps to certain parts of the body, and a nice place to stay at the end of a day of travel.

That said, I probably will be posting goofy questions that have already been answered. (I'll search the forums and check the library first)
I was a Certified Arborist before retiring in 2005, my wife has sold real estate for 25 years. We have two dogs; a Welsh Terrier and a Lakeland Terrier that will be transitioning with us, to the RV lifestyle. (god help us all)
We look forward to the camaraderie of the folks on this forum, and the friends we haven't met yet. We hope to be good neighbors, and contribute to our new lifestyle in a positive manner.
Thanks for your support and understanding.
Best,
Treeman

Hi Jim and Alane and thanks for the introduction. Glad to have you aboard.

We're also boaters (stinkpotters though) and have been on a transition to RVs for over 20 years. We originally towed small boats, each larger one needing a larger tow vehicle. The desire to boat and camp led to us buying our first RV 20 years ago. Fiberglass fever continued to work its magic and the boats got larger to the point they were no longer towable by the RV. We currently split our time between dropping a hook and pulling into a campground.

Feel free to ask those questions and we'll try to get them answered.

BTW we've been seeing the edge of your rains down here in Northern California, but we had a nice break for the last several days. Rain came back last night though.

Can we get some of that rain?  We've gone almost 100 days without any in the Phoenix area.  Unless it rains soon, I'm will have to wash the car! ;)
Jake

Greedy, greedy, greedy!? ?Hogging all that rain for yourselves and just allowing a sprinkle or two to get thru to us down here in LA  Except to rain on our parade that is. ?:mad:

Hi Treeman,

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of former boaters in the RV world! Yes, the lifestyle if very much the same but it is a little less expensive. :) We used to have a 28' Bayliner sunbridge cruiser before we purchased our first RV. It was a happy day when I went from gallons per hour to miles per gallon!! ;D

Congratulations on the new LazyDaze! They have a good reputation and seem to be the best class C out there today. One of our members used to own one and was very happy with it.

Hi Jim and Alane,

Welcome aboard.? Glad to see y0ou here.? I'm sure you can get any questions you have answered here.? ?Bet you can hardly wait to pick up the Lazy daze.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
And to think people buy bottled water!
I watched the parade, we have one called the Daffodil Parade in the Spring that gets rained out all the time.
I'm not a sports nut, but Go Seahawks!
Best,
Jim

Jim and Alane:

Welcome aboard!

Like you (and Tom) we were boaters of the non towable variety before converting to wheels.  While we did not full time boat, I made it my profession as a post corporate career, sporting a 100 ton commercial license and running fishing charters on the Chesapeake.

We finally gave all that up to sell everything we owned last summer and go full time with our new Class A.

Don't know how you found us, but IMO you found the best bunch of RV experts on the web.  And we are like a family too!  Many of us are now getting ready to meet next week at Quartzite.

We travel with a cat and a dog, and they have taken to RVing in a big way!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom