Looky, Looky What Wyoming Wants To Do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kinda like when the horseless carriages started to become a common mode of transportation. Some communities passed laws to protect the town from those new fangled things. If horses were good enough for great grandpa, they were good enough for everyone. <sarcasm emoji>

Wyoming still has a lot of Hydrocarbons to extract from the ground, and with the Bakken field pulling a lot of the oil companies away to "greener pastures" they may be feeling the hurt from the move to electrics.
They could get left out in the cold, so to speak.
I bet there aren't a lot of Teslas being shipped to Wyoming, anyway.

From the thread here.

True, but it did hit -36F in Devils Lake, ND in January of 2019. I have a friend that grew up in Devils Lake, and currently lives outside Fargo, ND, where the winter temperatures average about 5-6 degrees F warmer than Devils Lake. And even in Fargo they had a week a couple of years ago where the high was -20, so yes it does happen, though the incident I am thinking about might have been a 5 day high of -20, not a 7 day high.
But by Tesla's exact words, one second of -20° F. means you're safe if the other 23.99 hours are below -22°F. ;) .

That cold will probably cause problems for any car.

-Don- Reno, NV

Remember the remote interior of east Wyoming is one of the least populated areas with minimal electric, no cell phone infrastructure, and few passable roads. Most of you have never seen real rural where people live many miles from the nearest neighbor. My grandfather in NW OK lived 20 miles from the nearest tiny town but it was a 60 mile drive.

This is our family's home this morning in Wyoming. Whatever happens with EV's in Wyoming has zero impact on anything, period. The sun will keep rising.

TS Metal Building_live_1673879729035.jpg

Nearest town has a population of zero.

Last edited:
The beauty about our transportation system and equipment allowing us to be mobile is we can pick and choose where we wish to live. So this gives us all the option to relocate if we do not like our surroundings. People move from HOA communities or do not move into those areas if they find the policies to be unfriendly to them. I consider this to be one of those cases.

This is no different than CA limiting the alcohol content of beer to protect the wine industry, or proposals here to outlaw the sale of farmed salmon. Simply attempts to protect (or give that impression) their cash cows.

Kinda like when the horseless carriages started to become a common mode of transportation. Some communities passed laws to protect the town from those new fangled things. If horses were good enough for great grandpa, they were good enough for everyone. <sarcasm emoji>
Yeah, too bad we didn't keep using them...

To add more color and perspective to my comment above, the greater Seattle/Tacoma, WA area houses about ~4 million people. That's one relatively small area of Washington State gathered around a body of water.

Add the population of North Dakota (774k) to Wyoming's 580k. That's just shy of ~1.4 Million people occupying a comparatively huge swath of land across two states. Still not even half as big as a medium sized city. That's not to say the needs and wants of Wyoming (or ND) residents don't matter, but it does put in perspective what a loud voice this is from such a small cohort of people.

I actually think California might have some HOA's larger than the population of Wyoming...

580k people in Wyoming. I’d wager to say nobody cares, but that’s not quite truthful. Almost nobody cares.
Perhaps "nobody" is correct. I don't think anybody would want an EV where it is often that cold for so long. At least not until they make EVs that do much better in extreme cold.

Right now, I cannot even drive my 4WD ICE Jeep. I am trapped in the house again up here at 5K' in deep snow. It is snowing quite heavily right now.

One of the reasons I like to take an RV trip to southern AZ this time of year. I am late for that trip this year.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back
Top Bottom