Looky, Looky What Wyoming Wants To Do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looked up EV charging station in NYC and found 200 within a 2.5 radius of Manhattan.
I wouldn't have an EV if I could not charge at home. That is the biggest advantage of all, IMO.

But it is being dealt with. Seems to me every new apartment building now has charge stations. Must be a new law, in at least some places.

But even that does no good in places such as San Francisco where people cannot usually park near their own house, have no garage and finding a parking space is a big hassle.

I would never say EVs are better for everybody. At least not yet.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Sure, but them telling you that you need to keep the cabin cold in order to preserve the battery for driving distance seems a bit of a stretch when some places have temps well below freezing, like Wyoming in the winter!
Not much of an issue. Not once has the range been in issue in any of my EV cars. I wish I could say the same for my electric motorcycles.

While cold does affect the range, I doubt if many will even notice the difference. But if you want to get the last mile out of the range when cold, use the seat heaters as they draw less current than the climate control.

Also, slow down, that will make an even larger difference. A 300-mile range EV is 400 miles at around 40 MPH:
1674859842175.png

. But disseminating BS about them is useless to everyone. And those that do should expect to be called out on it.
You know what they say about opinions, This reminds me of having conversations in the past with couples that had only one child. They had all the answers on how to raise a kid. And their kid was the most perfect kid in the neighborhood. Just ask them.

Last edited:
There are three things that should NOT be discussed in this "Shade Tree" section:

1. Religion
2. Politics
3. RVs

There is no "Don't Say EV" rule in this section :).

-Don- Auburn, CA
IPhones and EVs are religions that groupies worship. :p Hopefully there is no tainted koolaid drinking involved if either breaks. :ROFLMAO:

What I find not only arrogant but also comical, is the constant droning on and on about EVs on an RV forum. If you go to an EV forum, is it plagued by a bunch of diesel pusher pushers?
You can't be special for owning an EV on an EV forum. You can probably find the same people on every unrelated forum.

What I find not only arrogant but also comical, is the constant droning on and on about EVs on an RV forum. If you go to an EV forum, is it plagued by a bunch of diesel pusher pushers?
Meh. It’s an RV forum. 1000’s of people use EV’s as tow vehicles to tow their little trailers, and more everyday.

And the original poster just wanted to share something something he found interesting.

You can always tell the mods you don’t approve of it and ask them to remove it….although that might be a bit arrogant. 😊😎

It's a world market these days.

That one mine in NV is a little less than 2% of the world's lithium. The USA has 17% of the world's EV's. So it's enough to make a nice dent from a single mine.

Most lithium comes from Australia. Chile is 2nd. I bet most here expected China to be first (but I don't know how much change there was from year 2017 until now):

View attachment 161207
The Atacama mine in Chile is reported to have 22% of the world total. CATL is a Chinese company that contracted to develop the mine.

Meh. It’s an RV forum. 1000’s of people use EV’s as tow vehicles to tow their little trailers, and more everyday.

And the original poster just wanted to share something something he found interesting.

You can always tell the mods you don’t approve of it and ask them to remove it….although that might be a bit arrogant. 😊😎
It's a 50/50 shot that any particular thread will turn into an EV debate by page 3.
I'm not the kind that complains to mods, and it's not that I don't approve, I just find it funny.

Not much of an issue. Not once has the range been in issue in any of my EV cars. I wish I could say the same for my electric motorcycles.

While cold does affect the range, I doubt if many will even notice the difference. But if you want to get the last mile out of the range when cold, use the seat heaters as they draw less current than the climate control.

Also, slow down, that will make an even larger difference. A 300-mile range EV is 400 miles at around 40 MPH:
View attachment 161306
When driving through the great open spaces of the SW US are you supposed to drive at 45 mph rather than the posted 75 mph? You may have a longer range, but it will also take you nearly twice as long to get there. A you'll probably be cited for driving >20 mph below that posted speed limit.

I can't see how this argument is going to convince many people to buy EVs.

When driving through the great open spaces of the SW US are you supposed to drive at 45 mph rather than the posted 75 mph?
Of course, it's not always possible. Just drive as slow as you can get away with when you need every inch of range and don't speed. The same holds true with ICE. ICE gets their best range at around the same speeds as EVs.

It's rare these days to not be able to make it to the next charge station. Electric motorcycles get less than half the range of most EV cars yet this couple just rode theirs from San Francisco to Florida without any range issues.

-Don- Auburn, CA

When driving through the great open spaces of the SW US are you supposed to drive at 45 mph rather than the posted 75 mph? You may have a longer range, but it will also take you nearly twice as long to get there. A you'll probably be cited for driving >20 mph below that posted speed limit.

I can't see how this argument is going to convince many people to buy EVs.
It’s not an argument. It’s a statement of fact. Slowing down saves gas, diesel or electricity.

People in EV’s drive the same speed as anyone else. This is more a topic of charge infrastructure. Right now I am there are lots of places with little or none. That is changing literally everyday. 7 years ago when we bought our first EV there was 5 DCFC chargers in BC. Now there are thousands.

We have toured all over Canada and extensively in BC and some in Washington, and that’s pulling a trailer. We go a little slower but that’s because it’s a short wheel base combo and the trailer is single axle. We hang out in the right lane usually around 90 to 100 kmh. It’s not a big deal. There are lots of us that do this. It’s a safety thing.

There has to be a reason why KOAs are installing EV charge stations in their RV parks.

-Don- Auburn, CA
Its surely not because their sites are completely filled with EVs pulling camping rigs.

But there must be enough of them to warrant the charge stations.

-Don- Auburn, CA
I’m sure they will start small like KOA. A couple sites, then a few more in a few years etc. The transition won’t happen overnight.

We ran into a few other EV RV combinations on our cross Canada tour last year. But in BC it was a lot more common. We would usually see them in campgrounds or when charging. Ran into these guys in port Alberni on the island. Very similar rigs although theirs had bunk beds for the kids. We managed to both charge although this is not what I would have called a trailer friendly charge location. 😊. We made it work.

7D19783B-DA8D-480B-8ED1-135A1ED448D8.png

If you go to an EV forum, is it plagued by a bunch of diesel pusher pushers?
Many forums have a rag chew section that is for everything other than the main purpose of the forum. IOW, there can be a section in an EV forum where EVs are not to be discussed at all and diesel discussions would be fine in such a section.

Just like in this forum, RV related stuff should be in a different section than the Shade Tree.

-Don- Auburn, CA

with couples that had only one child. They had all the answers on how to raise a kid. And their kid was the most perfect kid in the neighborhood. Just ask them.
Yes, that is TRUE!

I'm an only child, my child is an only child, and no truer words have been typed.

Back
Top Bottom