Looky, Looky What Wyoming Wants To Do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A kWh is about 11 cents. I haven’t done the calculation lately but its probably comparable.
I have no doubt EVs will be cheaper there. Your gasoline is priced high and your electricity is priced low by the numbers you just gave.

In Auburn, CA I would not be surprised if the EV cost more. 28 cents per KWH in Auburn.

-Don- Salton Sea SRA, CA

We're in the snowbelt. On February 3rd I'm going to get the shorts out of storage. It's going to be a 34F high!

View attachment 161408

Yes, the forecaster was right once again for another place. It's 13 degrees Fahrenheit this morning, but that's 35 miles away at the Grand Junction Airport. For only a brief moment though I actually got our weather around here, but then the forecast flipped it back. It's subzero Fahrenheit like usual. Feels like below subzero too. I was out clearing our road of 6 to 10 inches of fresh snow. Had to engage the front and rear locking differentials. It's deep in some of the drifts. Shorts aren't in the forecast. My big truck with 35 inch winter rated tires was plowing through it. High ground clearance is a must have and EV's I don't believe have it.

chrome_screenshot_1675172478902.png

Last edited:
I have no doubt EVs will be cheaper there. Your gasoline is priced high and your electricity is priced low by the numbers you just gave.

In Auburn, CA I would not be surprised if the EV cost more. 28 cents per KWH in Auburn.

-Don- Salton Sea SRA, CA
Yah for sure. It changes very regionally.

I had not seen Biden's comment before. It contained another interesting fact I hadn't heard before: "in terms of emissions, the average electric vehicle pulls ahead of a comparable gas vehicle after about 20,000 miles". Most media articles make you believe EVs are pollution free.
The other "cost" that EVs have that is not taken into consideration is what it takes to "process" all of the materials needed to make the batteries, especially the lithium. The process to "refine" the lithium is extremely toxic and hazardous!! What does that do the environment and supposed "climate change"?! Nobody thinks about that when considering an EV!!

The other "cost" that EVs have that is not taken into consideration is what it takes to "process" all of the materials needed to make the batteries, especially the lithium. The process to "refine" the lithium is extremely toxic and hazardous!! What does that do the environment and supposed "climate change"?! Nobody thinks about that when considering an EV!!
Yeah!

Back
Top Bottom