Lost 12 volt system after replacing batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarge26

The batteries in my 2017 Tiffin Open Road 36UA died and I was forced to replace them. After doing so, the 12 volt system will not work. I’ve checked circuit breakers, inverter, fuses, gfi, and everything else I could think of. I am stumped. What am I missing?

Welcome to the forum. Chrck the fuses in the converter. They have fuses there in case someone accidentally hooks up the battery cables wrong. Do you remember doing that?

I'm thinking a a picture showing your connections might give a clue.

As Rene stated check the converter fuses. You may need to remove them to verify that are good.

If you have a voltage tester and know how to use it.........
Start at the batteries and check your volts.(Looking for 12.6 volts) The converter may be in a basement storage bin. It will be the next place to check for voltage.
If you are good there then the fuse panel is the next point to start checking...

A picture of your current batteries and connection may yield a clue..

2017 Tiffin Open Road 36UA
Maybe you could check out these forums? Tiffin forums, and they might know something:

Sometimes you must just poke around. hahaha

Ask at alot of places, that way you might not miss a good answer.

Cheering for you and saying Hi.

Sarge26...
Since the display is showing 13.4v, it appears the cables are connected correctly and that the converter/charger is actively applying voltage (the display would read more like 12.6v if it was not). There a battery disconnect switch by the entry door - is it off by any chance? Try flipping it Off and On again.

My problem is solved. I compared my “before” photo to the finished installation and noticed one cable had not been connected. It fell out of view down the side of the newly installed battery and was covered by other cables. As soon as I connected it, the steps came out and hit my shins! All is good in my world now. Thank God I didn’t take it to the shop!
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I learned a lot!

My problem is solved. I compared my “before” photo to the finished installation and noticed one cable had not been connected. It fell out of view down the side of the newly installed battery and was covered by other cables. As soon as I connected it, the steps came out and hit my shins! All is good in my world now. Thank God I didn’t take it to the shop!
That is awesome. Thanks for getting back to us. I wish everyone would do that.

My problem is solved. It fell out of view down the side of the newly installed battery and was covered by other cables. Thank God I didn’t take it to the shop!
Awesome news.
I learned a while back on devises that have a few cables attached to battery, ie RV, motorcycle etc, ziptie the mob about 2" back, leaves room to clean, and keeps everything in order.

Back
Top Bottom