Lost ignition key

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobtop46

W22 lost ignition key.  Anyone know where I can get a new one made.  I tried local Chevy dealer.

Call a locksmith. They'll come and either make you a new key or replace the switch.

Local Lock smiths don't have access to the proper codes to cut me a key.  Tried two different ones, and two different GM dealerships.  Finally went on Oemy's and Ultra RV and got part numbers for the lock cylinder.  Those translated to real GM part numbers.  One was to old for my RV the other was newer and the key was the same as lost one.  $29.99+ tax.  I installed it myself.  Once again we have 2 keys to start the RV.

For my 2007 W22 the part number at NAPA for replacement lock cylinder is KS6042.  Omey's site is for older W## series RVs.  Ultra RV with your VIN and emailed copies of Registration and ID, will request the proper code from Workhorse to get a key cut and sell you a blank.  They are west coast time and figured at least a day turn around from workhorse, and then Fedex over night, I was looking at 2 days minimum and still cost more then the NAPA part, So I went with that.  The old ignition cylinder is not easy to get out without the key but can be done.  This is where a locksmith will come in handy. 

Major part of this one is on me, we had two and lost one and were using the other one, I meant to get a copy made but didn't get around to it before we lost the second key.  Lesson learned the hard way.

You should get an extra key and hide it somewhere on the rv. Somewhere that does not lock.

How to fix my 2003 Chevy Malibu wooden Okayed I was late for work I couldn't find my key I busted ignition and I didn't know about the antitheft system is shut down it won't cry I still haven't found and I don't know how to get it crank.

Jennifer Sidel said:
How to fix my 2003 Chevy Malibu wooden Okayed I was late for work I couldn't find my key I busted ignition and I didn't know about the antitheft system is shut down it won't cry I still haven't found and I don't know how to get it crank.

Jennifer, can you reread your post slowly see if you have any issues the way it was typed. You can modify it by clicking the MODIFY button, make the changes then click on save just below the window. Also, can you add periods at the end of your sentences. It makes it sooooo much easier to understand what you're trying to say. Thanks.

Rene T said:
Jennifer, can you reread your post slowly see if you have any issues the way it was typed[.] You can modify it by clicking the MODIFY button, make the changes then click on save just below the window. Also, can you add periods at the end of your sentences[.] It makes it sooooo much easier to understand what you're trying to say. Thanks.

As long as we're critiquing punctuation, question marks at the end of questions are nice, too.  :p

Jennifer Sidel said:

Sorry about your problems.  It will likely take towing the car to a mechanic and letting him troubleshoot the antitheft system, possibly replacing it along with the busted ignition lock.  If you have road service for an RV it may also cover getting the car to a shop, check it and see if it does.

If you need transportation in the meantime, look for an Enterprise car rental office near you.  They're in many towns, not just at airports and have reasonable rates for daily or weekly rentals.  In many cases they'll pick you up and drop you off at the beginning and end of the rental.

Hi Everybody! hope you are doing well.
i would like to share with few information if you lost your key. which is very much diplomatic situation as well as makes us confused.

below attached link for your kind reference.
https://itstillruns.com/replace-lost-ignition-key-5744962.html

I have an ignition key in the RV with just a remote fob on it (not much)
one in my pocket
Two more hidden inside
and spare door keys in a realtor's box hidden in a place where I can not lock myself out

I do not worry about lost keys.

accidently took key with me when I went in for oil change. Directed them to a back up key in the RV no problem

Back
Top Bottom