Lost outside radio/speaker system door on 2008 Safari Simba 30 SFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gdroke

Driving east through Arkansas yesterday, I battled very strong winds from the cold front moving through the south. I stopped for fuel somewhere outside of Memphis to discover the wind had made an unplanned modification to my 2008 Safari Simba 30SFS. The small, plastic door covering the outside radio and speakers was gone.

It was just a small plastic door that I am guessing (and hoping) is part of a pre-fab unit a manufacturer buys and is a standard size that is available as a replacement part. The hinge was simple "molded fingers" on the bottom that snapped around a small rod attached to the unit still in the wall of the motorhome, and it had a keyed lock-cylinder near the top. The plastic door was the same color as the paint on my motorhome, but I would be happy with any color at this point, since the opening is currently covered with duct tape, to keep the rain out.

This is my first motorhome, and my first experience with a replacement part, and Safari is no longer in business, so I am hoping someone has an idea where a replacement door could be found.

Safari is made by Monaco.  A call to Monaco customer service with your coach serial number might get you a part no. or even a replacement part.

Thanks, I'll try that on Monday. 

Here is a picture of the door and the radio unit.  Anybody recognize this unit as an option on any other brand, in case I can't get  it from Monaco?

Attachments

• 335x243.jpg
    335x243.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 61
You might check with Safaricoaches or Safarifriends or Monacoers groups

I would also look on other doors to see if there is a mfg tag.  All my outside doors have a mfg name and part number on them.

Thanks Nationwide. 

Would you mind measuring the dimensions of the door (height and width), and letting me know what they are, please.  Could you also tell me how many plastic hinge "fingers" (don't know what else to call them) are on the door part of the unit.  Would you check to see if there is a manufacturer or any kind of identification marks stamped or printed on the inside of the door. 

I have not been able to find a door that is the correct size to fit the opening, and match up to the hinge mounting arrangement that my unit has.  It has been very frustrating. 

I've found out that there are quite a few different sizes and manufacturers of these units, and each one is slightly different, so the doors are not interchangeable.  I had no luck with Monaco, so maybe Jayco can help.

Back
Top Bottom