Loves RV overnight spots and Easy Gas Pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you or anyone you know ever heard of someone being forced to vacate a rest area with a "no overnight" policy? Hard for me to imagine that if you were approached and said you were just too tired to drive, that you would be forced to leave anyway.
You mean those signs are for their good looks? If they are not going to enforce it, take down the signs!

Those signs could kill a law-abiding citizen or get somebody else killed.

The west is MUCH more reasonable. We have many more rest stops and overnight parking is always allowed.

I recall signs in Utah that said drivers may stop on the side of the freeway to take a nap.

In some states in the SE you can drive for many hundreds of miles and not see a single place to stop for the night.

-Don- Reno, NV

Where did that come from??? I was thinking they might be sleeping on the sidewalks like they are in El Paso and other border cities.
Which is it, are they sleeping on the sidewalk in S. Texas or robbing and killing old white people at rest stops in Florida. When you suggest illegal immigrants are probably the reason Florida has changed its overnight parking regulations are you saying that because you have reason or just think so because they’re lowing hanging fruit and it’s simple.

Last edited:
Which is it, are they sleeping on the sidewalk in S. Texas or robbing and killing old white people at rest stops in Florida. When you suggest illegal immigrants are probably the reason Florida has changed its overnight parking regulations are you saying that because you have reason or just think so because they’re lowing hanging fruit and it’s simple.
I didn't bring up crime, you did.

I didn't bring up crime, you did.
Here’s a novel idea from Wittgenstein, whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent. As far as you know and with equal reason behind it the policy was put in place to keep circus midgets from overstaying there welcome.

Last edited:
You mean those signs are for their good looks? If they are not going to enforce it, take down the signs!

Those signs could kill a law-abiding citizen or get somebody else killed.

The west is MUCH more reasonable. We have many more rest stops and overnight parking is always allowed.

I recall signs in Utah that said drivers may stop on the side of the freeway to take a nap.

In some states in the SE you can drive for many hundreds of miles and not see a single place to stop for the night.

-Don- Reno, NV
I have pulled a MH over on the side of a highway and slept for the night in Utah. To be sure, it was a small, two-lane state highway off the beaten path, but a highway nonetheless.

Here in Southern AZ, not too far from border there is more crime. Not raping old white folks, but mostly theft, nuisance type things. The raping seems to happen more on the trip up.

Last edited:
I have pulled a MH over on the side of a highway and slept for the night in Utah. To be sure, it was a small, two-lane state highway off the beaten path, but a highway nonetheless.
I did that once in New Mexico when the campground we'd been aiming for was too small for our rig. Woke up in the morning and took the dog out only to find a sign on the roadside fence that said we were in the Jicarilla Apache reservation. As an avid reader of Louis L'Amour and other western writers, that sign gave me a bit of a shiver.

But did they care about people taking a nap just off the roads there?

I see you finally made it back to Tom's Place. How's the snow there? Is the place fully open, at least @ the French Camp?

-Don- Reno, NV
Apparently not, I got out of there with my hair. What little of it was left.

French Camp, Tuff Campground and Convict Lake campgrounds open next Thursday. A couple of the smaller campgrounds up the hill probably a couple of weeks after that. East Fork and the rest of them up the hill probably won't be open until July some time. Rock Creek Lake is still frozen over.

1684749002207.jpeg

I am surprised you can even get up there now by road. That is above 9,700' / 3km elevation.

-Don- Auburn, CA
The road is still actually closed that high up, but I have a key to the gate. They stopped plowing about 100 yards past where I took the picture. I was on the Honda, so I turned around before I got to the snow in the road.

There is a new Love's at exit 81 on I-80 in PA. It has both pull through and back in sites.

one just opened within the last few month at Rt. 80 and Brisbon Road interchange in Morris, IL.. There's always plenty of RV'ers in and out of there and, we are close enough to see the sign lit up at night from our house 1 1/2 miles away. Plenty costly for that kind of a place but, if you need to use it for a stop and go it might be worth it on the way

We stayed at a Loves RV location in Morris, IL recently. $39 USD including tax for a one-night stay, including hookups (50a power, water, sewer). The place was clean, and the RV sites were on the opposite end of the property from the truck parking. The facility was newer. The sites we stayed in were closer to the passenger car gas pumps, but we really didn't notice any noise at night while sleeping. We indulged the next morning and snagged a few breakfast burritos from Carl's Junior, across the parking lot, as well as some sodas and a couple of Gatorades from the convenience store. That's not something we'd usually do, but when parked at a Loves, why not?

Noon checkout time. That was really good for us as we put in a 750 mile day before we got there, and were absolutely beat. We slept in and took our sweet time getting ready the next morning.

All in all, it was a really good value for a place to stop over. There was room for our toad, the facilities were clean, hookups supplied as promised, check in was super easy. Would highly recommend this location, and would do again ++++

I just stayed in this same Love's . . . here's my review.

Love's opened a new truck stop on I-70 in Parachute within Northwestern Colorado. It has both overnight RV parking and a waste dump.

What I noticed about watching a customer using the RV dump is that it is directly adjacent to the car parking spaces. Dumping will require blocking several cars from exiting the spaces. I'm certain that folks traveling across Colorado will understand that the dumping of sewage is more important.

I was wondering if anyone had brought up Love's RV Stops in conversation. On our way to Elkhart from NC, we stayed at the new Love's in Lancaster Ohio at exit 150 on US-33. Around $40 with multiple discount choices, it was a great choice for an overnighter.

1. This Love's has six sites in the front of the property. When you turn onto the road, the first thing you see is the back of any RVs parked in their sites.
2. They have full hook-up: 50A, water, and sewer connections. The only real annoyance I saw was once the temperature hit 31 degrees, they turned off the water right away. Most of us realize anything within 3-4 degrees of 32F is still OK but they don't take a chance whatsoever.
3. Traffic and noises was sort of a hassle. Not the big rigs. They were in back. But all the cars, trucks, and even the guys beside us who arrived at 1:30 am to set-up and they carried on as if it was 1:30 in the afternoon.
4. Lighting was fantastic. Anyone trying to steal something had no shadows to hide in.
5. Staff were as nice as anyone could ask for.
6. With the Love's app you get 10% off every gal of fuel. But Love's prices aren't anything to brag about. That discount doesn't apply to the other side where the big rigs fill up. So if you need DEF, you fill up on one side of the store, then drive around to the other side for DEF at the pump.
7. Checking in easy. When you make your reservation, they send you an email. There's a link in the email to click on when you arrive. That checks you in and turns the power on. No real need to go inside the store.

I'm surprised there are hardly any Love's RV Stops closer to the east coast; especially on I-95. But if I ever need an overnight place to stay and one is close, this was perfect.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom