Love's Travel Plazas building a hotel and RV park in Canon City, CO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully one of these companies that try this will get it right sooner or later, but I am not hopeful, as they seem to always price themselves out of the market as if they were a full RV resort, not a concrete parking lot with hookups.

Loves is building a truck stop to include overnight RV parking on the Western Slope of the Colorado Rockies in Parachute on I-70.

Between Denver and Grand Junction a distance of nearly 250 miles through high elevation mountainous terrain there aren't any truck stops other than a large parking lot with no services nearby in Dotsero. At least there will be some place to stay with services during winter highway closures.

I am not camping out around a bunch of truckers.
Been working with them for 30 years..... I an camping as far away as I can.

:D

I'm glad they are making RV accommodation and accommodations for other travelers as well.

But, that does not change the fact, that their fuel prices are the highest anywhere. It's not just a recent thing either. It's been this way for years. Traveling across the USA I'm always shocked at the price of their fuel, posted on those signs 300 feet high in the air. Even with specialty cards and fuel savings cards, the cost of their fuel is always higher (by quite a bit) than the more local fuel stations within a mile off the interstates, where there are no fuel cost saving initiatives or where I don't have any specialty cards. Theirs is cheaper without any discounts than Loves is with their best discounts.

No thanks. I don't patronize them for this very reason.

I posted about that on anouther forum. It gives you one more option.

Love's now has places with full hookups available at some locations. They are away from the truck parking so noise shouldn't be a problem. The only negative is they are pretty narrow. Depending on who/what was parked next to you you might only have room to put out one back slide.
I had heard Love's was doing this but finally saw one in Dalhart Texas on my last trip through there. For A full hookup back-in with 30-Amp and 50-Amp electric service on a concrete Site 50ft long 12ft wide. Wi-Fi is included would cost $42.50. No that's not cheap but not to bad and it would be convenient as it is just off the main road.
Here is a link to more info and locations. RV Parks, Campgrounds & More - CampLife
Bill

I had thought that Love's didn't want RVs around. In recent years I've encountered more and more Love's locations where the only truck parking is back in, thus making it tough for motorhomes with a toad. Add that to the highest prices, and I tend to avoid them. So, as I see it now, those are unlikely to attract me.

What caught my eye is they are aiming this more towards RVers than big rigs since Hwy 50 isn't a major truck route.

New Love’s RV Park in Cañon City could break ground in May
With our larger number of I-70 closures of Glenwood Canyon and the congested entirely far out of the way north on a 4 hour detour up through Craig and Steamboat Springs, it's been Hwy 50 for the truckers.

A month ago my daughter and son-in-law returning to the Western Slope from DIA found out that Glenwood Canyon was closed once again. They took Independence Pass. Unfortunately, a trucker with a 53 foot trailer beat them to it. 35 feet total length is the maximum per all of the huge warning signs or it won't fit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom