low 5th wheel hitchs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Opontee

I have a 04 C4500 with a flatbed. I am looking for a 5th wheel hitch that is about 8" mounting height. Anybody know of a manufacture that build one this low?

I'm guessing that you don't have ANY hitch right now.  But if you want to use an existing one or not spend a pot load of money on an expensive hitch have you considered "raising" the king-pin box?

When we bought our FL50 we went through the same dilemma.  I got lucky and was able to raise the king-pin box by just unbolting it and putting it to it's highest point.  Fortunately I was also able to use the same position for the Trail-Air hitch I installed soon after the truck purchase.

Foto-n-T said:
I'm guessing that you don't have ANY hitch right now.  But if you want to use an existing one or not spend a pot load of money on an expensive hitch have you considered "raising" the king-pin box?

When we bought our FL50 we went through the same dilemma.  I got lucky and was able to raise the king-pin box by just unbolting it and putting it to it's highest point.  Fortunately I was also able to use the same position for the Trail-Air hitch I installed soon after the truck purchase.

True, no hitch now. We want to start our new hobby sometime next year and I am just getting prepared for it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom