Low Humidity/Cool Campsites J/A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueblood

I've been around US extensively but could use some help on recommendations for subject in Northern US anywhere east coast  to west coast - price not a real concern.

Thanks

blueblood said:
could use some help on recommendations for subject in Northern US anywhere east coast to west coast

Not sure what you're looking for it. Do you need CG recomendations?

Tom said:
blueblood said:
could use some help on recommendations for subject in Northern US anywhere east coast to west coast

I'm pretty sure he wants recommendations for low humidity/cool campsites from Jun-Aug in Northern US between the left and right coasts.

BruceinFL said:
Tom said:
blueblood said:

I'm pretty sure he wants recommendations for low humidity/cool campsites from Jun-Aug in Northern US between the left and right coasts.

YEP!!!! ;D

blueblood:

Concider the city CG at Grand Marais, MN on the N shore of lake superior, half an hour from Canadian border. It sits on the harbor and is cool...but humidity is dependent on midwest vageries.

Karl said:
And don't forget what the Minnesota State Bird is - the mosquito ;D

You sure have that right. Asked to speak to a group at a conference center north of Minneapolis a couple of years ago and it was nearly impossible to stand outside for some fresh air during the breaks without being covered by them critters. ;D

When I read the original post, I immediately thought of Breckenridge, CO....and then thought of other places we've visited...by no, Breckenridge is it. Tiger RV RV Resort. No better RV resort in the country and the nearby restaurants, recommended by the staff at the Resort, are wonderful. We love fine dining and this area is very special.

We've been in Minnesota for over a week and haven't seen a single mosquito.  Of course, it's been too cold and rainy for any flying bugs :)

"We've been in Minnesota for over a week and haven't seen a single mosquito.  Of course, it's been too cold and rainy for any flying bugs "

Lucky you! Last time we were in Minnesota, the mosquitos were big enough to carry away small dogs.....keep a tight hold of Sasha's leash!!

Wendy

We'll get our share of mosquitos this summer as we'll be in WI for over 2 months, as usual.  The mosquitos are just as big there as in MN :)  Of course, if it never warms up, it won't be a problem.  I understand summer came to WI last week one day, so it's heading into fall already.

Bob McNabb said:
When I read the original post, I immediately thought of Breckenridge, CO....and then thought of other places we've visited...by no, Breckenridge is it. Tiger RV RV Resort. No better RV resort in the country and the nearby restaurants, recommended by the staff at the Resort, are wonderful. We love fine dining and this area is very special.

Thanks very much. You jogged my memory on this one. We stayed there in 1989 while we looked for a home in Breckenridge. It was struggling at the time; in mid-July and nearly empty. I saw they had booth at an FMCA convention a couple of years ago and talked to them and they said things had improved dramatically. I will make it a definite stop on this summers itinerary.

blueblood said:
I saw they had booth at an FMCA convention a couple of years ago and talked to them and they said things had improved dramatically. I will make it a definite stop on this summers itinerary.

Talked to them at FMCA a couple of years ago also. Stopped by the campground last year while visiting our son in Frisco. Not a bad looking CG, too many park models for our taste. It is an ownership property and we had a price list of the lots for sale, the one for $200k blew our son's mind :D

BernieD said:
Talked to them at FMCA a couple of years ago also. Stopped by the campground last year while visiting our son in Frisco. Not a bad looking CG, too many park models for our taste. It is an ownership property and we had a price list of the lots for sale, the one for $200k blew our son's mind :D

Blows mine too  :eek:  They had prices on lots at Crown Villa in Bend, OR like that too, but they haven't sold. I was told they have withdrawn them from market temporarily so they can relaunch the program. Word on the street is that park is for sale  ::)  Many places seem to be adding park models which I think reduces attractiveness. One up south of Flagstaff did that a couple of years ago. Name eludes me.

blueblood said:
I've been around US extensively but could use some help on recommendations for subject in Northern US anywhere east coast? to west coast - price not a real concern.

Thanks

Mammoth Lakes, CA on the east side of the Sierra Nevada.  Rouge River country and around Ashland in southern Oregon.    Most any place on the Pacific Coast from Santa Barbara to the Columbia River.  The country around Seattle and Mt. Ranier.  Anyplace in the northern Rockies.

Hi Ned,  We will be in Wis. in late July if you guys are still there maybe we can get together.

Dave

Dave,

We'll be in Milwaukee (Oak Creek) until mid August.  Give us a holler when you know you're arrival date and let us know where you'll be staying.

Back
Top Bottom