Low Voltage DC Voltage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tin man said:
UPDATE:

Looks like good news. We have been traveling with friends for the last few weeks, and the tech. Who was working on the coach, said he was able to reset the inverter. The charger is working again. We will not be back for another few days so I will not be able to see if all is well till next Friday. Beats paying $1900.00 for a new converter.

Jim

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it fixed without having to spend big $$$.  :))

:-[just got a call..the charger stopped working again. Will be back tomorrow. Looks like I?ll have to get it rebuilt. Hope it can be fixed. Update in a week.  Wondering, when it is out being rebuilt, will I have power or only 12volts?

Jim

You must have missed this reply from John:

John Hilley said:
A friend with a 2004 Journey found out that they wouldn't repair the existing one and would only sell a replacement for $1700. The year before they would repair it for $500.

You can put a regular battery charger on your batteries as long as you are using the coach (unless the charger can go into a float mode.) If you pull the inverter/charger (and assuming you have some AC outlets powered from an inverter sub panel) I don't think you will have power to the inverter load center.

John

Just as you said, they do not rebuild anymore. No talent left. Looks like a new one has to be ordered.  There is hope very little that the unit might be able to be fixed. Will know next week when it comes out. I was told I will have power to the unit while the inverter is out. We will see. 

Jim

Back
Top Bottom