Low water pressure from freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeddyZ

Hello,

I have a 2013 Crossroads Cruiser (35FT). Keep in mind I am brand new to rving. I currently have power connected to my RV but no water hooked up. I filled my water tank, it is currently full. I turned my water pump on and i have very low to no water pressure and feels like there is air in the line, the water trickles. I checked for leaks and have not found any thus far. I have also swapped out the pump for a new one and still the same result. Any help would be appreciated, Even stuff that may seem like common sense as I am very new to this.

Thank you

You should have a "water filter", which is actually a fine screen, attached to your 12V water pump. I've had them stop up with stuff, but once removed and cleaned pressure returned to normal.
One time I bought a new 5th wheel trailer and a week later that "filter" stopped up with clear plastic shavings out of the fresh water tank from when the holes were cut to install plumbing. Looking at the screen I couldn't see the clear plastic shavings.

On mine if the city/fill valve is set to city, my pump runs but there's very little flow.
The #1 suspect, I think. Followed by #2, the clogged inlet screen at the pump, and #3, an open "winterizing inlet" into the inlet tubing (if equipped).

If you are getting bubbles but little water, the pump is sucking air instead of water. Either via it's inlet from the tank or by venturi effect suction from the city inlet.

Another question is, have you ever had it connected to city water? If you are turning it on for the first time with no water in the system it will take quite a bit of time for the water lines and the water heater to fill with water and you will need to open each faucet and the toilet flush valve to vent all of the air from the system. If the system is full of water the pump should shut off once pressure is built up in the system as it has a pressure switch on the output of the pump that turns the pump on and off to maintain the water pressure.

Back
Top Bottom