Luke warm water out of faucets on a 2016 Fleetwood Flair.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmmarz

I just bought this Motor Home and found that i do not have hot water. The tank has hot water but when i run hot water at the faucet I just get warm water. The hot must be mixing with cold water at the check valve. This coach only has one bypass valve and i suspect debris in the check valve. The bypass valve is good. But where is the check valve? I think its under the hot water tank because the hot line coming off the back of the tank with a flex hose and goes under the tank where it switches to PEX and feeds the whole coach.

Usually the check valve is right at the outlet of the tank which would be the top pipe. I don’t believe that’s your problem. A bad check valve usually just slows down the flow of hot water at each faucet even to a point of completely shutting off the flow.
Do you have a outside shower? If you do, make sure the water is shut off at the faucets and not at the hand wand. Also check your inside shower.

WOW. All day working on it and it was just the outside shower. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH RENE.
There is a right angle at the top of the tank and no check valve. This hose goes under the hot water heater and must connect to a red pex. That means this hose will not get winterized unless i use air.

Attachments

• ho****er.jpg
    ho****er.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 3
Glad I could help. I wonder if the check valve is where the hose makes up to the pex.

How old is this rig? I wonder if the original owner removed the check valve because it had failed. If there isn’t one at the other end of the hose, I would put a regular 1/4 turn valve at the hot water outlet instead of a check valve. Check valves are known to fail. It’s not frequent but it does happen. Then just shut that valve when you winterize.

Last edited:
I was gonna say this is like the old police show where the Chief tells the men to go out and "round up the usual suspects" which include the shower valves.

Cannot count how many threads ended in a shower valve found open.

Charles

The outside shower.... Don't feel bad I've "Fixed" a number of those and I'm not even an RV technician. What makes it even more fun is on one of them the owner called Suburban (The brand of heater he had) and they could not figure it out. ... But Thanks to this forum (To be honest I did not figure it out I just read and remember) I knew the answer.

There is an old saying
Some learn by reading
Some learn by observing
Some have to urinate on the electric fence for themselves.

You learned by reading.

Yup, the two easy fixes most often applied to RVs are the outside shower fix for hot water complaints, and the battery disconnect switches for no power complaints.

Just "fixed" my no HOT water problem on my 2004 Fleetwood Excursion after reading your post Rene. Thanks for your advise.

I had just purchased my 04 Excursion 39S. During trip to the mountains I discovered I only had luke warm water at all hot water outlets. After reading your post, I checked the outside shower valves and the hot and cold valves were both fully open. After closing them I have “hot” hot water at all outlets.
Thanks again. Saved me a lot of head scratching and time.

I had just purchased my 04 Excursion 39S. During trip to the mountains I discovered I only had luke warm water at all hot water outlets. After reading your post, I checked the outside shower valves and the hot and cold valves were both fully open. After closing them I have “hot” hot water at all outlets.
Thanks again. Saved me a lot of head scratching and time.
I have fixed a few RV how water systems by that method :)

Some even the water heater manufacturer was stumped.
And there is another "Maker stumper" we here fix easily as well (no hot water flow, single valve bypass system)

Welcome to the forum, glad it was a easey fix.
The outher common (no hot water) problem is the winterising by pass closed or not completely open. I did find one where the leaver had turned on the stem and was not fully closed.
Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom