Lunar Eclipse Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our original plan was to be there bynow so I've already missed a couple of things but be there soon.

I'm at Myrtle Beach right now watching the eclipse over the ocean.

We got to see it clearly here in the Tampa Bay area, I took loads of pictures, but have yet to download them. I doubt the any are as nice as Ed Junior's

Ed

Thanks guys (and gals). But upon closer look (cropped images), mine also have some blur. I think mine is more due to the fact that I couldn't find my remote shutter release. Off to Amazon to get a replacement for that!! Anyway, here are a few more I cropped some to get a better look. Even with the blur, the moon sure put on a show. Wow!

The first ones are the eclipse. The last one showing the moon just about gone also shows it just starting to turn it's orange-red glow. I really wish I could have gotten a better shot of that one.

Eclipse_Crop1.jpgEclipse_Crop2.jpgEclipse_Crop3.jpgEclipse_Crop4.jpg

These up next are the blood moon. Again, gotta have that remote shutter release!

BloodMoon_Crop.jpgBloodMoon_Crop2.jpgBloodMoon_Crop3.jpgBloodMoon_Crop4.jpg

Attachments

• BloodMoon_Crop4.jpg
    BloodMoon_Crop4.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
Don't you have a phone app Ed? Canon has one.
I don't believe that's a phone he used, Jackie- certainly I didn't. Mine was a Nikon 7100.

Here's a bit different shot (different exposure, too), though still a tad blurry (note the star above the moon)- I could use that remote shutter release, too, since the timer option is hard to set when it's that dark out:

1652730267265.jpeg

We had a wonderful view from the farm.
The last time I watched a lunar eclipse was in the early 70s. we were on a boat near Grand Island Bahamas.

Don't you have a phone app Ed? Canon has one.

Jackie - no, this is an older Nikon D5000, circa 2008 or 09 or so. Way before all that cool stuff started being part of the DSLR's. It's a good camera, but still a lower end and older model. And unfortunately, it is not set up for a cable release either. I actually have the little case for my remote that came with the camera, but I cannot find the dang remote. As soon as it comes in from Amazon (or wherever I end up buy it from), it will show up. That is my luck.

And as Larry noted on his, the remote function is a little wonky to work with. It almost makes me want to upgrade to a newer camera! If only my wife would let me...sigh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom