Lurker. MH on bucket list..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Realistically, yes there are deals out there on well maintained older motorhomes at somewhat reasonable prices, though you will likely have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find them. The vast majority are somewhere in between with most showing serous signs of neglect, and a good many being the the money pit category of they should be paying you to haul it off. Of course most of the time the prime examples will be priced higher than the ones people should be paying you to haul off.

Selecting a motorhome is a serious exercise in managing design trade-offs. While it's enjoyable to have everything possible loaded into a rig, I would soon tire of it as it's difficult to wrangle a 35' behemoth around town and into campsites. At the low end, a spartan 18' van conversion will soon feel extremely cramped, with little room for a good bed, bathroom, and kitchen.

You'll need to juggle what you want versus what you need. I do like to visit certain state and federal campgrounds that have very tight length limits, so the 35 footer is a no-go. I find I can get last-minute campsites for my 21' Chinook that other motorhome won't fit. And that winery or small town I want to visit ... just pull right in.

Another note on length: many, if not most, motorhome lengths are NOT the overall vehicle length. That "30 footer" rig might sound promising but it might actually be 33' overall.

Another note on length: many, if not most, motorhome lengths are NOT the overall vehicle length.
Inside length vs. outside. My Tioga 24D, Class C is 24' inside. 26' feet outside. I have not measured my new 29' 11" class A, but I expect it will be closer to 29'11" either way it's measured

-Don- Auburn, CA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom