Magellan Roadmate 760

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WTD

Thinking about getting a GPS system-Does anyone have any experience with the Magellan 760?
Would appreciate any info pro or con regarding the unit.

WTD

I have a 700. From what I have read they are fairly similar -- 760 has a couple more bells and whistles. Mine has worked flawlessly for the year I have owned it. I would highly recommend.

Thanks keithb for the response! It sounds like a nice unit.
I have been trying to decide between the Magellan Roadmate and the Garmin 2610.
Price is better on the Garmin--but the Roadmate seems to have a larger screen.  Since I will be using it primarily in the MH, I am concerned about ability to view either one while driving.
Can anyone share comments on ease of view of each?
WTD

WTD

I can't comment on the Magellan, I have never used one. I have a GArmin 2610. I find the screen large enough so that I have no problems reading the map or directions. It's automatic resizing seems to have excellent redraw points so the unit is easy to work.

We have a Garmin 2610 also and the only complaint I have about the Garmin is the mickey mouse mapping software they have called City Nav.

WTD

I have the Garmin 2610 & can tell you that it is so good & simple to use that my wife loves it & uses it in the car all the time....I also find the CityNav software to be excellent but not perfect as no routing software is.

WTD,

I seem to be out numbered on the Garmin vs Magellan gps issue -- always seems to be the case (hehe). I don't have any experience wiith the Garmin but I use my 700 everyday and love it. As far as using it in my coach, I can see it fine when I mount it (suction cup) to the front windshield -- about 3.5 feet. I do, however stick it to my driver's window most of the time so that I can reach it for changes.

Keith

We have a Roadmate 760 and absolutely love it. It works great, is very portable (in fact, we move it from vehicle to vehicle including the motorcycle. We have a factory unit in our Dodge Tow Vehicle and very much prefer the Magellan to the factory unit. The user interface is much better.

Magellan - TomTom - Garmin ---- if you had to pick one, do you have a preference?

wendycoke said:
Magellan - TomTom - Garmin ---- if you had to pick one, do you have a preference?

Well even though we have a Garmin, our third, we NOT get anther Garmin as long as they are pushing City Nav.  If they were to start using the Metroguide mapping software again then we might consider it.  Tom Tom is not an option.  Would look at the Magellan or iWay500.

wendycoke said:

Wendy,

I love my Garmin 7200. 

Phil

Back
Top Bottom