Magnetek 63xx converter/charger replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wally12

Has anyone replaced their magnetek 63xx converter/charger with the 73xxU/G  (up grade ) unit ?  My 6330 unit takes a very long time to charge my batteries ( too long )  The 73xxU/G is advertised as a simple replacement at a cost of  $250 with a better battery charging unit.

I replace on in our Seabreeze MH shortly after the 73XX came out.  It made a big improvement but no way does it compare with a good 3 stage charger.  I blame the Magnetek converters/chargers for the short battery life on that MH. 

If I were to have one, I would change it out for a good inverter and 3 stage charger.  But I am biased!!

It would be far better to replace the converter portion of the 6330 with a Progressive Dynamics or Iota converter/charger with the Charge Wizard. Should cost less than $250  and will certainly outperform the 73xx upgrade module by a mile.

I don't think the 7330 upgrade charges any faster than the original - it's still a small charger - but it should not boil the abteries as badly.  I think there may be a 7345 model, but not sure if it fits in your existing 6330 "box"

Back
Top Bottom