Maine Here We Come

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
We are pulling out around noon for a grinding haul to Maine and back. Nine stops scheduled so far, the longest for four days. This should be an all-summer trip but committments back here are still calling.

As much as I can relate to Fred's frustration with the NE and Maine's crowded summers I always look forward to going back every three years for our family reunion on the coast. I keep trying to get everyone to agree to meeting up in northern Maine around Caribou where I grew up but they live there and want to head for the coast.

We get to get a granddaughter fix in Chicago before they meet us and our other granddaughter from Hawaii in Maine so it will be a great month.

Smoky, have you headed west yet?

Ron, I am hoping we head back west early enough in August to stop by Sam's Camp but it's too early to tell, if not we will have more time next year. I'll be in touch in a few weeks if you are around.

Jeff,

We are currently at Sam's Camp and will be here until sometime in September.  Please stop by.  When you see how your schedule goes let us know about when you will be here and we will give you directions.

We are in Camden/Rockport, Maine, for the summer, so stop and say hello if you get up this way (central Maine coast).  We are workamping at the Camden or Day.Hills Rv Resort until Lab

Jeff,

If you are flying on I-90, we are near the Belgrade off ramp.

Fuel in ID before MT and probably abain in ND or WY depending on your route.  fuel at the Flying J in belgrade is High!!
Jim

Gary:

We are going to be down in the Scarborough area for a family reunion and are discussing a couple of days in Bar Harbor with our daughters and their families. I would much prefer the Camden area but you are merely talking to the driver of the bus.  ::) Will have to see how time works out.

Jim:

We're in Chicago at our daughter's.

Filled up in Idaho for 2.35, bought 20 gallons in Belgrade to get to Wyoming for 22..45, (Sorry we missed you), Gillette,Wyoming for 2.20, Sioux Falls, SD for 2.36, and topped off in Davenport, IA for 2.36.

Everything east of here seems to be 2.50 and up.

Jeff,

When we went to Mich we topped off in Fargo, ND then didn't refuel until after we left TC Mich at FJ in Gary Ind.  The next fuel stop was Cheyenne, Wyo.  When we travel I ususally check fuel priced at Flyingj.com and plan fuel stops accordingly.

Have a nice trip.

Ron,

There used to be a Conoco (not FJ) in Fargo that had a large side parking yard for RV's and Horse trailers etc. Haven't been there since 98, but it was pretty new then. (stop on the way from Alaska back to Vermont)

ken

Update to the trip.  We are in Ohio for the night on the way to stop number four of the trip. One family Reunion down and one to go! Also a great four days with our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter who loves to RV!

The Midwest is hot!!!! 8) 8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom