Maintance for a RV living near the ocean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azbeachboy

I have a fifth wheel that lives full time near the ocean and beach front when I'm there.  I rinse it off at least once a month and have it waxed every three months. I'm now using a dry lubrication spray on the slides. What else can I do to keep it from rusting away? Any other ideas on what in general I should be doing? This trailer is a big step up from my last trailer, a 1971 fireball.

For rust protection in a spray can, I have found LPS-3 as hard to beat and a lot cheaper than marine grade sprays.  See http://www.lpslabs.com/Products/CorrosionInh/Lps3.asp  Keep after the paint on the trailer's frame.  Use a wire cup brush to clean off any rust patches or pits and recoat with a rust-inhibiting primer like Rust-Oleum.  Finish coat to match the frame. 

Anyone use Fluid Film? It's a lanolin based rust/corrosion preventative and lubricant. I've never used it, but was ineerested to know if others have and what the results were.

...a lanolin based rust/corrosion preventative and lubricant. I've never used it, but was ineerested to know if others have and what the results were.

You still rust, but your hands are soft and lovely?  ::)

Back
Top Bottom