Maintenance/Repair manual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don Peterson

Can someone recommend an RV maintenance/repair manual that would be good to carry along while travelling? I have a Jayfeather LGT 26S and would like to have information about the electrical as well as mechanical systems.

Thanks.

Hi Don,
Typically, you'll have to contact the manufacturer for wiring, plumbing diagrams and other info. A particular model may vary considerably from the norm depending on what you ordered on it, factory engineering changes, etc. Have you serial number handy when contacting them - it will be required and the VIN is usually not enough for them to go on.  Good luck!

Karl

A very good book to carry along: Bob Livingston: RV Repair & Maintenance Manual, now in it's 4th edition

Don,
I agree with Mahoney. Bob Livingston's book is by far the best thing I've found. The specifics on your trailer's wiring will have to come from the manufacturer but I wouldn't count on their accuracy. Building trailers isn't like building cars. There isn't a standard wiring harness or even a wiring diagram that's etched in stone. The manual shows electrical information pertinent to the equipment but not the specific installation.

Jim

I also vote for RV Repair & Maintenance by Bob Livingstone. It is publsihed by Trailer Life and available through Amazon.com and many RV dealers. It's an excellent book, easy to understand, plenty of pictures, etc.  Your owners manuals for the various appliances will cover most of the other details and IF you can get plumbing & wiring diagrams from the coach manufacturer you will be all set. 

I contacted Jayco and they faxed over a wiring schematic immediately and then stuck one (of better quality) in the mail, which I received a couple of days later. I got Bob Livingstone's book from the library, it was the third edition, but still very enlightening. I am ready to roll on a short trip -- now if the weather would cooperate.? :mad:? We're having rain/snow showers right now...

Thanks for the feedback,
Don

Bob Livingstons manuel on all RV systems except engines, transmissions [drive train stuff], which is sold by Camping World, most RV stores and Good Sam is an excellent book.  Costs about $15 and is worth a hundred.  Every system is there, charts, troubleshooting guides etc.

Just a comment that probably doesn't apply here, but I am in the process of reading thru my new Alpenlite owners' manual and found that they have included wiring schematics that I never seen in any other RV. I am very impressed.

Back
Top Bottom