Mandalay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Anyone seen or driven the new Thor Mandalay yet?  I have done both.

I love the floorplans, the exterior, the amenities, the independent front suspension, the Freightliner chassis and the price.  But there is one thing I don't like so far.

Before I share the negative thing, I'd like to hear other impressions.  I really WANT to buy this rig, but I have a big reservation.

Who knows anything about the Mandalay?

Smoky

We looked at the Mandalay at a QZ dealer specifically because I knew you were high on them. Definietly a nice coach, but we didn't get to drive it.

Smokey,

Smoky said:
Anyone seen or driven the new Thor Mandalay yet? I have done both.

I love the floorplans, the exterior, the amenities, the independent front suspension, the Freightliner chassis and the price. But there is one thing I don't like so far.

Before I share the negative thing, I'd like to hear other impressions. I really WANT to buy this rig, but I have a big reservation.

Who knows anything about the Mandalay?

I haven't seen it in persosn, but there is a very nice write up on it in the March issue of Family Motor Coaching.  It looks like a very nice unit.  Personally, if I were to buy it I would insist on the 400 HP Cummins ISL engine.  I think that with that engine you get an engine brake rather than the exhaust brake.  For a coach of this size and weight 400 HP is something that I would personally want.  There was nothing in the article about access to the storage bays below the slide outs but in most cases I have seen, it is a bit of a pain to get to them when the slides are out.

There was no mention of the added cost to go from the 350 HP Cat to the 400 HP Cummins but at a wild guess I'd think that it might be from $5000 to $10000 extra.

What is your reservation about the coach?

See the other thread I posted today about the Mandalay.  Our opinion has deteriorated drastically since we posted this thread.

Smokey,

Saw your other post and don't blame you for crossing Mandalay off your list. :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom