March/April Sales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isaac-1 said:
One thing all people should always keep in mind about an RV purchase is cost of ownership, even more so in current times with limited travel options for the foreseeable future.  I suspect for many people owning an RV cost in the long run can rival or exceed the purchase cost.

Lets say someone finances a $45,000 -  $50,000 lightly used motorhome over 8-10 year at a relatively low interest rate where they end up having note payments of about $500 per month.  These people live in a city and must pay for RV storage, which can run $300+ per month in many areas, must have insurance that might amount to another $100 per month or more, plus pay for upkeep on the coach, cover wear items like tires, and batteries, etc. turning their $500 per month note into $1,000+ before adding in all the other incidentals, roadside assistance, major repairs, or extended warranty payments, etc.

Agreed.  This is another reason I love to bargain hunt!  I suppose its not for everyone but I enjoy the hunt and negotiations.  The RV is going to cost enough with all the things you mention Isaac.  If you can find a good one, you can avoid much of the repair.  Also, you dont take nearly the depreciation beating.  I bought my first for $30K with a dolly and sold for $29K without the dolly.  The second I bought for $62K and sold for $62K.  I put tires on both.  I see no reason for the begrudging I received in previous posts for making my dollars go as far as they can!  In fact, I would say that is darn smart of me.  I am not sure why that would offend anyone but so be it!  8)

Back
Top Bottom