Massive Ram Truck Recall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My truck was prior to the CP4 and I had the FASS lift pump and oil filters system. RAM should have learned from Ford and GM whom I understand went to the CP4 before RAM. Hopefully the recall will be done swiftly for the owners affected. I understand RAM went back to the CP3 with the 2021 models.

I have always been a fan of Ram stying interiors and the Cummins. However, my fleet customers hate them inferior electrics ( think english lucas electrics in the 60s to 90s lol) and weak front ends have always plaqued Ram. Awesome on the outside crap on the inside. But like Ford in the 70s its a numbers game 1 million sold x% issues. Most of my fleet guys that leased or bought Rams never went back to them, but they have their loyal followers, I was a loyal Gm fan 17 of them, then switched to Ford.
Sorry Gizmo i know you love your Ram

They are awesome trucks.
Dumb to use the CP4 after so many problems others have had with them.
Changing back to the CP3 in 2021, shows that they acknowledge this.
They should recall all of the CP4's and pay for their replacements.
I wish there was a lawsuit to join on this.

Ram trucks suffer from prejudice formed decades ago. Now their quality should be judged by actual facts not opinions. What kills me is the Dodge haters who love their Jeeps. Same engines, transmissions, electronics, etc.

Ram trucks suffer from prejudice formed decades ago. Now their quality should be judged by actual facts not opinions. What kills me is the Dodge haters who love their Jeeps. Same engines, transmissions, electronics, etc.
I didn't know you could get a Jeep with a 5.9 or 6.7L Cummins in it.

My 5.9 crew cab is bad enough on slick roads, a short wheelbase Jeep would be downright scary.
What kind of slick roads? Glare ice, maybe? On mud, snow, slush a "short wheelbase Jeep" does just fine. And on "rain-slick" roads it's more a matter of the tires (and driver, as in all cases) than anything else. And on glare ice NOTHING works well, including my crew cab F-150, except with chains.

But though I Iove my 2015 Wrangler in most ways, the electric leaves a lot to be desired. The Autostick is now awkward to shift up or down (left or right while stick is in Drive), and the built in GPS semi died (no detailed maps), and the cruise control only turns on sometimes (while gently accelerating).

The temporary merger with Mercedes resulted in some significant improvements in some if not all of their product lines. Hopefully they stay on track without Mercedes.

I have always been a fan of Ram stying interiors and the Cummins. However, my fleet customers hate them inferior electrics ( think english lucas electrics in the 60s to 90s lol) and weak front ends have always plaqued Ram. Awesome on the outside crap on the inside. But like Ford in the 70s its a numbers game 1 million sold x% issues. Most of my fleet guys that leased or bought Rams never went back to them, but they have their loyal followers, I was a loyal Gm fan 17 of them, then switched to Ford.
Sorry Gizmo i know you love your Ram
No worries, the issues you have mentioned have been reported and known. I do love my Ram and it has performed flawlessly for me. I have not had any electrical or front end issues (knocking on wood). When and if I ever have front end issues as some, not all, have reported I would address it with upgraded after market components - to me easily and less expensively solved than having engine and/or tranny issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom