Mats instead of Rug to put under awing... Quartzsite only place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanglemoose

We use those rugs from Costco... that are nice outdoor rugs, but one little bit of wind and it ..... well you know... We met a couple who had the best "rug" mat... wind howling, and it is just laying there... said they bought in Quartzsite. i know there is someone on here, that knows what I am talking about...

My million dollar question is can't they be bought anywhere else?? What are they called???  My chances of getting to Quartzsite is slim... even though I would love to attend the flea markets..

thanks,

Donna

I have one of those rugs/mats from Quartzsite.  Haven't looked for them anywhere else. 

We do one of two things to hold rugs down....put rocks on the corners or drive a 6" nail with a washer on it through the carpet. However some ground is too hard to pound a nail into or there might be concrete.

We also use washers and large nails for our mat. I have a big one that we never hardly use, so I mostly put a 3x5? just outside the door. That is enough to clean our feet a bit before coming inside.

J&J SUNSHADE  in Lake Wales Florida.  Their website is RVMAT.COM.  we bought our 5 years ago at the Tampa supershow. They are great. They don't blow away and we never have to stake them down, although they do haove ss grommets. Just lay them down and you're done.
Edit. I forgot. They won't kill the grass under them either.

ChasA said:
J&J SUNSHADE  in Lake Wales Florida.  Their website is RVMAT.COM.  we bought our 5 years ago at the Tampa supershow. They are great. They don't blow away and we never have to stake them down, although they do haove ss grommets. Just lay them down and you're done.
Edit. I forgot. They won't kill the grass under them either.

Are they very stiff and how do they fold up?

UTTransplant said:
We also use washers and large nails for our mat. I have a big one that we never hardly use, so I mostly put a 3x5? just outside the door. That is enough to clean our feet a bit before coming inside.

We use the same method.  Doesn?t  work so well, when the temperatures drop to single digits....after you?ve driven the nails in! :mad:

Rene T said:
Are they very stiff and how do they fold up?
No. They're very flexible  and easy to fold. They're not as heavy as others I've seen.  The folks at the show had a large assortment of colors and patterns. Unfortunately,  the website doesn't show the materials they have available, but I bet they'd send some pictures if you called and gave them an indication of what colors you'd like.

If you guys are talking about mats similar to this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Patio-Mats-9-x-12-Reversible-RV-Patio-Mat-Indoor-Outdoor-Rug-Camping-Mat/46250176

I just use tent pegs on the corners. Obviously tent pegs won't work everywhere. I also recommend getting two smaller ones rather than one large one. We generally throw them over the clothesline to clean them, and the 9'x20' we have is a pain to handle.

smanx said:
How do they stay down in the wind without pegs?
Smanx , was that question directed to me? If so, the answer is they just lay there, no weights, no stakes needed. We've had them out in 30 to 40 mph wind gusts and they just don't move.

kdbgoat

We have the very same rug as in the Walmart link, we used the stakes that hold down our Christmas lite deer on each corner.
It never comes loose.

Sueh

Back
Top Bottom