Men aren't supposed to cry. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valleygeocacher

Here I sit, bawling like a baby.

SonRoger was the featured soloist in Texas Boys' Choir in Mid-60's. A drunk driver ran a stop sign and killed him in 1973.

His brother, SonMike just sent me digitally remastered CD's made from Roger's LP's.

I'm hearing his voice for the first time in more than 30 years. I can't believe those notes could come out of a 10-year-old's mouth.

Rest in Peace, dear son.

Thankfully I've only had the good part of a very musical daughter.. (She's still alive and well in Las Vegas working as a teacher passing on the music)

But I was very sure to record her concerts

Thanks for sharing that. It must indeed bring tears to your eyes, but it must be wonderful to hear his voice.

Well, my friend, I have not trod your specific path yet I do think I can identify with you in terms of the vocal sounds that young boys can produce.  When we immigrated to Canada in 1955 theTucson Boys Choir were on the ship returning from a European tour.  They gave a couple of shipboard performances that were outstanding.  And of course before I left England boy sopranos in church choirs was very much the norm in my circles.  Even today, to my ears there is nothing that beats choral music with boy sopranos.  When I worked in Quebec I sang in an all-male church choir; for the big feasts of Easter and Christmas, the choral director imported women for the alto section and boy sopranos.  Fabulous sound; fabulous stuff.

Ciao,

Doug

Back
Top Bottom