Mending Tape for RV Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan de La Mesa

Does anyone have a recommendation for how to mend an RV cover? They usually cost a few hundred dollars and in the intense Southwest sun tend to rot out in a couple of years. Our current one is heavy canvas and in good shape except for two rips. I'm hoping to extend the cover's life, maybe with some strong mending tape?

The sail tape is a good suggestion. Years ago when we stored our RV for the winter we used an Adco cover. I recall it came with a small supply of self-adhesive patching material that matched the fabric and color. They also sold additional kits of repair materials. The patches held up pretty well...

The sail tape is a good suggestion. Years ago when we stored our RV for the winter we used an Adco cover. I recall it came with a small supply of self-adhesive patching material that matched the fabric and color. They also sold additional kits of repair materials. The patches held up pretty well...

I also have a Adco cover. It was till under warranty and I called them about a repair kit. They sent me 2 large kits free. The adhesive on these pieces is unbelievable. Just make sure you put it where you want it. It sticks like crazy.
Covers are only going to last a few years though. Sun and wind degrade them.

I also have a Adco cover. It was till under warranty and I called them about a repair kit. They sent me 2 large kits free. The adhesive on these pieces is unbelievable. Just make sure you put it where you want it. It sticks like crazy.
Covers are only going to last a few years though. Sun and wind degrade them.
As I recall, we used our Adco cover for about 3 years, and each year it sprouted a few more patches. I know the new owner used it for a couple more years after we sold the Class C and moved up to a larger Class A in preparation for fulltiming. Now we just head south when people start tossing around that "snow" word... :)

Adco also has the patch kits for sale. Says it will work on any cover.
When I patched mine, I put the patch material on the inside and outside. Double the strength.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom