Meridian 36M

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

99dart

Anyone with a 36M know if there is any kind of a furnace filter? The previous owners of our coach obviously had dogs that shed A LOT! I have vacuumed hair out of places I didn't know existed! But, the front furnace makes a kind of multi hi/low harmonic sound when on. I've gone through all the manuals I could find without seeing a filter. I am guessing I will have to get into the furnace box to clean out any hair/dust that have accumulated.

Furnaces never have filters but that does not cover anything that may have been added by PO'S. The only filters that I know of are associated the the air conditioner system.

You're probably looking at disassembling the squirrelcage blower as that's the most likely place for hair and debris to accumulate and interfere with the fan operation. But it's also not unusual for the fan to squeal as the motor bearings become worn, in this case you need to replace the blower motor.

Furnace fan & air circulation [If you already know this, just ignore...]

The furnace has two squirrel cage fans on a single shaft and motor. One of the fans moves combustion air to the burner and the other circulates interior room air thru a plenum over the burner chamber, where it gets heated and forced out through the exit ducts. Dust bunnies and hair can collect on the circulation air intake in the side of the furnace box, on the circulation squirrel cage, or get sucked through and collect in the ducts. It's rare for it to collect in the plenum because it moves easily through it and also tends to get burnt up if it collected there (and you smell it!). If you have a lot of dust/hair build-up, the air volume slows and maybe even gets low enough that the sail switch no longer activates and the furnace won't light.

If you have a whole-house vacuum system it might be a good idea to thread the hose into the ductwork and see what you remove.(if the hose will fit easily)

Back
Top Bottom