Mesa Az to Gallup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigJohn

I have a 40 ft MH pulling a Jeep. I want to go Mesa to Gallup. It looks like I can go 87 to Payson then 260/277/377 to Holbrook.  Any other suggestion? Anything to lookout for in terms of driving?  Thanks for the help. Actually I?m going from Casa Grande to Gallup but others have not recommend 60?

BigJohn said:
I have a 40 ft MH pulling a Jeep. I want to go Mesa to Gallup. It looks like I can go 87 to Payson then 260/277/377 to Holbrook.  Any other suggestion? Anything to lookout for in terms of driving?  Thanks for the help. Actually I?m going from Casa Grande to Gallup but others have not recommend 60?

I would highly recommend not going on 60 through the Salt River Canyon.

BigJohn said:
I have a 40 ft MH pulling a Jeep. I want to go Mesa to Gallup. It looks like I can go 87 to Payson then 260/277/377 to Holbrook. 

This is a good route. I've driven it several times.

I did the trip a few months ago and the 87 route is nice. 60 in beautiful but your rig to big.
Depending on when I was leaving I would think about going to Florence Jct and taking 60 West to Loop 202 to  the beeline (87)  You avoid the I10 crud as well as Phoenix traffic. The route is a little longer but much more pleasant

I would suggest from Casa Grande:

I 10 to 202 (East bound on the south section 202) to the 101 North and then back the the North section of 202.  Exit 202 Country Club which is 87.  This will take you through Mesa to Payson. 

You can continue on 87 to Winslow which is a more gradual uphill all the way (Most 2 lane).

If you turn off at Payson for Holbrook (mix 2 or 4 lane) you will have a big uphill pulls but better scenery.

The I 10 to I 17 to Flagstaff is the faster route with more gradual but lot more uphill pulls.

Reminder that what goes up sometimes comes down and these routes are in the mountains.

Jennifer

Back
Top Bottom